Let's sift through every square inch of a 2013 Tahoe PPV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Caddylack

Caddylack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW... It has been a minute.

I'm deep into renovating my buildings now. Car stuff has mostly been on hold.

There are a couple of Tahoe updates:

First, I have made a somewhat risky move with my tires. The tires I have on now raised the ride height noticeably, and I kinda wanna go back to stock PPV height. I can feel the difference in handling from the increased sidewall. I'm keeping my stock 18" Silverado wheels, though....

I have taken delivery of a set of Continental 285/50R18s. This is the same overall height as the stock PPV tires, but with larger rims.

On track for delivery tomorrow is the Airaid modular tube... I finally gave in.

I'm going to try a few more runs at the drag strip after the new tires and intake.

I'm about to replace the front end wear parts, and in shopping for shocks I found that Bilsteins are only slightly more expensive than replacement PPV shocks. I may go with the Bilsteins.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW... It has been a minute.

I'm deep into renovating my buildings now. Car stuff has mostly been on hold.

There are a couple of Tahoe updates:

First, I have made a somewhat risky move with my tires. The tires I have on now raised the ride height noticeably, and I kinda wanna go back to stock PPV height. I can feel the difference in handling from the increased sidewall. I'm keeping my stock 18" Silverado wheels, though....

I have taken delivery of a set of Continental 285/50R18s. This is the same overall height as the stock PPV tires, but with larger rims.

On track for delivery tomorrow is the Airaid modular tube... I finally gave in.

I'm going to try a few more runs at the drag strip after the new tires and intake.

I'm about to replace the front end wear parts, and in shopping for shocks I found that Bilsteins are only slightly more expensive than replacement PPV shocks. I may go with the Bilsteins.

I was wondering the other day whatever happened to you after seeing a pic of a turbo'ed LS-swapped Caprice wagon.

I'd feel good about the Bilsteins, too!

OP
OP
Caddylack

Caddylack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I figured I should post a couple of pics, just because...

Attachments

• IMG_20230618_154951554_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230618_154951554_HDR.jpg
    557.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20230620_233603033.jpg
    IMG_20230620_233603033.jpg
    285.5 KB · Views: 6
OP
OP
Caddylack

Caddylack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Airaid tube made a huge difference.

It altered the powerband so much that it almost feels like a cam change.

Strangely, there is a small RPM range where acceleration seems slower, but the top end is WAY stronger. I also think the general sound of the engine is much more refined, compared to my junkyard ebay intake tube.

Just to recap, my best previous run was 15.8 with just a tune, ebay intake, and 275/65R18 tires.

Let's see what I run now with the suitcase muffler deleted, the Airaid tube, and 285/50R18 tires.

OP
OP
Caddylack

Caddylack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tires are getting mounted and balanced right now.

The other day I whooped a brand new Benz SUV about 6 times in a row on the interstate.

The PPV is a damn Autobahn truck.

OP
OP
Caddylack

Caddylack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW this was a good move.

The car is faster and more agile, as expected. Surprisingly, it’s also softer on the road.

I’m not sure if this is because the new tires are such high quality, or because the old ones had too much air in them, or both. The ride just feels so much softer and more comfortable now.

The ride height is noticeably lower, as well.

Pics coming now from my other phone.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW this was a good move.

The car is faster and more agile, as expected. Surprisingly, it’s also softer on the road.

I’m not sure if this is because the new tires are such high quality, or because the old ones had too much air in them, or both. The ride just feels so much softer and more comfortable now.

The ride height is noticeably lower, as well.

Pics coming now from my other phone.

What Contis do you have?

OP
OP
Caddylack

Caddylack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Weather permitting, I will be back at Byron for night racing on Friday 7/28.

Does anybody want to sell me the trim piece for the drivers side rear window? The L-shaped one at the lower rear corner of the window.

I broke mine hauling lumber sticking out the window through the bars.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn

Latest posts