Let Me See Your Tahoe, Yukon, Or Denali!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spacido

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You already have the purchase of the vehicle in the USA, the import, the taxes, then you need the approval of the vehicle in isolation (about $9500 just for registration) and finally the huge margin that the seller takes. Because a U.S. vehicle is seen as a luxury car here and you don't see many of them.

Tahoes are relatively common (for an American car), but you add a few thousand extra dollars for an Escalade or a Yukon. Finally you have the price of fuel (about $6.67 per gallon) :anitoof:

Nevertheless, it costs less to use than a European car (price of parts, longevity of the car). You should know that a European car who has 150,000 miles is practically unsellable on occasion.

A friend has just bought his first US car. A 2000 Chevrolet Blazer with 120,000 miles he bought for $7,200. Since then, he doesn't want to drive anything but an American car :cheers:

Spacido

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not necessarily, because with a supercharger, you won't have the right to drive it :Big Laugh: Engine modifications are prohibited. In the event of an accident, your vehicle is no longer insured.
At the moment, there are 5 Yukons for sale throughout France lol The cheapest is $25,000 for a 2001 model and the most expensive is $50,000 for a 2012 Hybrid

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not necessarily, because with a supercharger, you won't have the right to drive it :Big Laugh: Engine modifications are prohibited. In the event of an accident, your vehicle is no longer insured.
At the moment, there are 5 Yukons for sale throughout France lol The cheapest is $25,000 for a 2001 model and the most expensive is $50,000 for a 2012 Hybrid
Oh NNNNNOOOOOO!!! Can’t install your own blowers over there?

Spacido

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hoooo no, it's forbidden. I have a 5.3 in my Tahoe, if I replace it with a 6.0 or a 4.8 I will be outlawed. In the event of an accident, the insurance does not cover the property damage to the vehicle or the road and you can be fined and jailed.

Anyway you have a control of the vehicle every two years, engine modifications, metal bumper, bigger wheels... and even if you have your chassis that's too rusty. In this case, you have 48 hours or 2 months to make the repairs, depending on the defect, and then you have to represent your vehicle.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
hoooo no, it's forbidden. I have a 5.3 in my Tahoe, if I replace it with a 6.0 or a 4.8 I will be outlawed. In the event of an accident, the insurance does not cover the property damage to the vehicle or the road and you can be fined and jailed.

Anyway you have a control of the vehicle every two years, engine modifications, metal bumper, bigger wheels... and even if you have your chassis that's too rusty. In this case, you have 48 hours or 2 months to make the repairs, depending on the defect, and then you have to represent your vehicle.
Boooo. Man that’s ********.

Hippie459MN

Reaction score
Damn! So is there any kind of car/automotive scene in France at all? Drag racing, off road 4x4, anything like that then?

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Wow, that's no fun at all.