Let Me See Your Tahoe, Yukon, Or Denali!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spacido

Full Access Member
Reaction score
we do 4x4 outings, we have motorsport of course. Either we take our prepared 4x4s on a trailer or we modify them anyway but we risk getting into big trouble in the event of an accident with another vehicle. And every two years, we put our vehicles back in compliance for technical inspection.

How would they know if you swapped in a 6.0 if it wasn't originally equipped with it? They all visually look the same.

The controller compares the VIN, chassis, engine numbers, so that everything corresponds with the manufacturer's data. In the event of a serious accident, an expert is appointed and analyzes the vehicles involved. I have a friend who had a serious accident a few years ago and the expert was able to determine that he had swapped the original 1.7 engine for a 2.0, while the car had rolled twice and embedded in an electric pylon.

On my ZJ, I replaced the original exhaust with a Flowmaster ...I didn't have time to remove it for technical inspection and I got a warning. We are passionate about U.S. vehicles, and when we look at your modifications, it makes us dream lol

And right now it's hunting for polluting vehicles. The government is increasingly pushing to buy electric vehicles and therefore the controls are even harder

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
we do 4x4 outings, we have motorsport of course. Either we take our prepared 4x4s on a trailer or we modify them anyway but we risk getting into big trouble in the event of an accident with another vehicle. And every two years, we put our vehicles back in compliance for technical inspection.

The controller compares the VIN, chassis, engine numbers, so that everything corresponds with the manufacturer's data. In the event of a serious accident, an expert is appointed and analyzes the vehicles involved. I have a friend who had a serious accident a few years ago and the expert was able to determine that he had swapped the original 1.7 engine for a 2.0, while the car had rolled twice and embedded in an electric pylon.

On my ZJ, I replaced the original exhaust with a Flowmaster ...I didn't have time to remove it for technical inspection and I got a warning. We are passionate about U.S. vehicles, and when we look at your modifications, it makes us dream lol

And right now it's hunting for polluting vehicles. The government is increasingly pushing to buy electric vehicles and therefore the controls are even harder
Sucks. No viva le France.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score

Come to America, and modify to your heart's delight. Only thing that can stop you is your wallet.

Last edited:

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score

That’s just terrible. I’m hopeful our country never gets to the point of such oppression. [emoji20][emoji107][emoji22]

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score

I see a similar thing, but not as intense with the Aussies. They can’t do much of anything without extensive permission. Even then it’s limited. Ugh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne