Left front turn indicator failure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, hoping to get some help as far as ideas of where to start with troubleshooting this issue.

I was driving on the interstate today and the guy in front of me kicked up a metal fender that was lying in the highway and it got flung right into the left front of my Tahoe. Super crappy, and especially since the dude saw what he did and immediately took off.
I'm going to call my insurance company in the morning and see if I can just pay the deductible and be on my way without my premium going up. (Hopefully it's comprehensive and wont change my rate).
I'll also go to a repair shop to get a quote because the bumper, grille, shutters, and plastic trim around the fog-lights needs to be replaced.

Anyway, after this road debris hit my front end, my turn signal stopped working.
Headlight functions fine, just no turn signal in the front, causing the rear to hyper flash. My dash displays the message "left turn indicator failure".
I'd like to have a working turn signal before I can get it into the shop.

Where should I start? Try replacing the turn signal bulb?

Any help is appreciated.turn signal copy.jpg
damage.jpg
shutters.jpg

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Changing the bulb is a quick, cheap and easy repair if that’s the root of the problem.

OP
OP
Jeff_

Jeff_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changing the bulb is a quick, cheap and easy repair if that’s the root of the problem.
Well after a $9.71 trip to autozone my issue was resolved with it being a broken bulb.
The impact from the road debris destroyed the internal components of the bulb.

All is well with the headlight now.
For the record, not that anyone cares, my insurance (Farmers) said that hitting the road debris is considered a collision, not comprehensive, so I'm buying all the pieces to the front end out of pocket and fixing it myself.

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well after a $9.71 trip to autozone my issue was resolved with it being a broken bulb.
The impact from the road debris destroyed the internal components of the bulb.

All is well with the headlight now.
For the record, not that anyone cares, my insurance (Farmers) said that hitting the road debris is considered a collision, not comprehensive, so I'm buying all the pieces to the front end out of pocket and fixing it myself.
Here is used one but it looks to be chrome yours looks like it's not. https://www.ebay.com/itm/185442495313?hash=item2b2d3beb51:g:TCQAAOSwAR5ikEeR

OP
OP
Jeff_

Jeff_

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DP2024