Left brake light loose?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlueCollarTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone know which way i should go? the left brake light gets loose time to time, should i change out the socket? seems the bulb pushes in pretty well just loosens up after a while

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you using dialectic grease when installing? Also the housing around the bulb base get corroded.

OP
OP
BlueCollarTahoe

BlueCollarTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only the left?

What happens if you swap bulbs from side to side?
honesty the right one someties blink too but isnt as loose or dim as the left i think i did swap em at one point but im not sure.

Are you using dialectic grease when installing? Also the housing around the bulb base get corroded.

not lately but i could use it. if it was corroded it wouldnt work period right? the lighrs before the led was always working.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just bend the tabs in the socket inward a little bit with a small screwdriver so the bulb goes in nice and snug that usually prevents the bulb coming loose

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rust causes bad connections and may work on and off. How long have you had the LED lights? Everything was good before them?

OP
OP
BlueCollarTahoe

BlueCollarTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
today i took them out and put in some cheap regular bulbs...were off. i went through the fuses and one of them were blown it seems. i put a new one and the brake lights were back.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I bend the wires out on the bulb itself . Dielectric grease helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveandKish