LEFT blinker fails/ intermittent operation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chubbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when I hit the LEFT blinker in my 2003 Yukon, it doesn't want to work sometimes.

if I'm turning the steering wheel the slightest bit left along with the left side blinker it will just quit clicking and flashing altogether. Its worse in the mornings than in the afternoon. if I turn the s/w to the right just a hair and put on the blinker LEFT, it will usually work until I turn to the left and the blinker quits again.

this weekend I removed the panels and replaced that whole module along with blinker stalk with a working assembly. several hours work and its doing the same thing today. really chaps my a$$.

I assume its an electrical short somewhere. my AC panel lights have been out for a while and so is the cigarette lighter. so it must be all connected. I have checked all fuses and didn't find a problem yet.

can somebody point me to right direction? I have a HF multimeter of some sort but I don't know if it is the tool called for in this situation.

my go-to diagnostics website no longer allows me access so I'm SOL in that regard. hoping somebody can give some tips or specific direction as in "been there done that"

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
when I hit the LEFT blinker in my 2003 Yukon, it doesn't want to work sometimes.

if I'm turning the steering wheel the slightest bit left along with the left side blinker it will just quit clicking and flashing altogether. Its worse in the mornings than in the afternoon. if I turn the s/w to the right just a hair and put on the blinker LEFT, it will usually work until I turn to the left and the blinker quits again.

this weekend I removed the panels and replaced that whole module along with blinker stalk with a working assembly. several hours work and its doing the same thing today. really chaps my a$$.

I assume its an electrical short somewhere. my AC panel lights have been out for a while and so is the cigarette lighter. so it must be all connected. I have checked all fuses and didn't find a problem yet.

can somebody point me to right direction? I have a HF multimeter of some sort but I don't know if it is the tool called for in this situation.

my go-to diagnostics website no longer allows me access so I'm SOL in that regard. hoping somebody can give some tips or specific direction as in "been there done that"

My 03 does this, too. I haven't seen a clear correlation to steering wheel position with mine. I also have not looked into it, really. Subbed for progress.

OP
OP
Chubbs

Chubbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried to upload a couple videos I took for context but the site won't allow. "file to large"

its like 30-seconds. Lord forbid I try to email and upload the video that was 1:30

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Is it quick and easy to use you tube. I have a video for my new exhaust and one of them is 7 seconds long and I get the same warning that file is too big. I was told to use you tube but I don't know how to do that.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Is it quick and easy to use you tube. I have a video for my new exhaust and one of them is 7 seconds long and I get the same warning that file is too big. I was told to use you tube but I don't know how to do that.

Yes. Go to the video, click the share button, and choose youtube. It will upload your video and you can just put the link here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
21 tots hoes Z71

Latest posts