LEFT blinker fails/ intermittent operation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At the :17 mark in the video...Tell that guy to get his a$$ out of the road!

That machine gun noise is relay chatter or possibly the flasher plug in. I cant remember if they are like the old round ones or an actual electronic module. Id have to see a wiring diagram to for possible causes. Off the top of my head though could be corroded connection down wher the plug in module is or could also be in the turn signal canceling assembly in the steering wheel.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Canceling assembly is what I was thinking at first but is that all contained in the module/blinker arm stalk assembly? He said he replaced that.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
At the :17 mark in the video...Tell that guy to get his a$$ out of the road!

That machine gun noise is relay chatter or possibly the flasher plug in. I cant remember if they are like the old round ones or an actual electronic module. Id have to see a wiring diagram to for possible causes. Off the top of my head though could be corroded connection down wher the plug in module is or could also be in the turn signal canceling assembly in the steering wheel.

First post says both module and multifunction switch replaced. On mine, I figured flasher for sure when I got the machine gun. Haven't dug into it at all.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I was curious what was wrong but now super curious since more than one person is experiencing this.

OP
OP
Chubbs

Chubbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i cleaned up the grounds on the frame rail under the door. then i pulled the radio out along with the cluster F*ck of wires & electrical tape from previous owners half-a$$ed idea of an install.

so i will be rolling clean tmw morning & see where i’m at

upload_2019-10-23_19-39-21.jpeg

OP
OP
Chubbs

Chubbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my hope is that there was some interference or a bad ground but nothing is ever that simple in my world :emotions122:

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive nver had to go into the steering wheel on our chassis. Anyone know if they still use the turn signal ring with the cam that has the electrical traces on them in our chassis? Cant seem to find any traces of it in our chassis on rockauto.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The turn signal switch at Rock Auto is definitely not the old design.

Joe, that is a nice lookin' set of cluster f*** wires you got there in that dash. Those are purdy!

OP
OP
Chubbs

Chubbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
since this problem is only the left blinker and/or turning the steering wheel to the left, next I want to attack the mechanism that trips the blinker off in relation to the angle of steering wheel.

does anybody know what that is or where to find it? if you could post any technical info that would be great

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts