Leds for Taillight

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigmanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody look into replacing the following bulbs in their tailights? I could not find sizes in the owners manual.

1. Stop Lamp
2. Turn Signal Lamp
3. Back-Up Lamp

d0wnShifT

Reaction score
Brake light and turn signal are 7440, back up is 921.

You'll probably get errors on the dash for your lights not working even with the canbus compatible LED's on the market. I get random check reverse and check brake light with my LED's. Only ones that don't give me problems are the turn signals.

Good luck!

Uploaded a quick video for reference. LED turn signal, brake, and reverse on the right.

giphy.gif

Zl1mQz9

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bigmanny

Bigmanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brake light and turn signal are 7440, back up is 921.

You'll probably get errors on the dash for your lights not working even with the canbus compatible LED's on the market. I get random check reverse and check brake light with my LED's. Only ones that don't give me problems are the turn signals.

Good luck!

Uploaded a quick video for reference. LED turn signal, brake, and reverse on the right.

giphy.gif

Zl1mQz9
Thanks for the post. so no major issues with the replacements, but still getting dash errors even with the CANBUS LEDS? What color lights / Kelvin rating did you go with?

yukontruckman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another typical dumb GM move. All new model for 2021 and they put LED's bulbs in the front, but not the back.

d0wnShifT

Reaction score
Thanks for the post. so no major issues with the replacements, but still getting dash errors even with the CANBUS LEDS? What color lights / Kelvin rating did you go with?

They work fine with the exception of the errors that randomly pop up.

Here are links of the bulbs i purchased.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B084BTNGVR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B081YJ7G81/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0774HQC8Q/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

yukontruckman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree. I hope they fix these missed upgrades before I order my 2023 Yukon :)

Well you are in luck. Yukon already has LED bulbs front/rear. GM operating like Apple these days. Purposely holding features back so they can offer "upgrades" in future model years.

OP
OP
Bigmanny

Bigmanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Tahoe has a led running light as does the Yukon. Are you saying that the indicators and reverse lights are also LED on Yukon?

yukontruckman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Tahoe has a led running light as does the Yukon. Are you saying that the indicators and reverse lights are also LED on Yukon?

Tail light and indicators I am 100% sure. Have not seen the reverse lights in person yet, but assuming LED there also. Pretty sure your previous generation Yukon had LED reverse too?

OP
OP
Bigmanny

Bigmanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried a different set of CANBUS leds from Amazon for the reverse light. They look awesome but I can’t deal with the “check reverse light error”. Especially bothersome as I was the first poster for the service safety restraint error.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos