LED tails

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

My01yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to add LED tails in the next couple of weeks. Do I just swap out the lights or is there any re-wiring etc that needs to be done?

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you replacing just the bulbs or getting all new housings? If just bulbs, you might need load resistors to fix hyper flash. And if new housings, depending on which ones you get, might be plug and play. Although, some aftermarket housings also require load resistors due to hyper flash and I've heard even loss of cruise control. Post pics of the ones you want and I'm sure somebody on the forum has had experience with them.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you get the G4 LEDs a lot of people just install those and they are good without using the resistor mod. Might be something to consider :shrug:

OP
OP
My01yuk

My01yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you get the G4 LEDs a lot of people just install those and they are good without using the resistor mod. Might be something to consider :shrug:

Sorry, i should have been more specific. The G4's are what I want. Thanks Burb for the help.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:High 5:

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
G4's are sick. Some need the resistors. Some don't. I bought them and didn't need them. But KMeloney said he rocked em for a while with no issues then one day, bam, hyper blinking issue...

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
until they profect the issues, id do LED tails too...but I need, and want functionality without any hassles.
Youd think 'someone' would make some real plug and play, and a worry free set.

2005yukonxl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW the sonar ones we got off ebay work w/o any issues at all. plug right in. no resistors needed. true plug n play.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FWIW the sonar ones we got off ebay work w/o any issues at all. plug right in. no resistors needed. true plug n play.

Pics of the rear with them installed??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boom313