Led floor lighting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RELOADER

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’m wanting to add Led floor lighting to my 2020 Tahoe and wanting them to activate and deactivate like the regular interior lights when the doors open. I’m not sure where to tap into the 12v system to make this happen. Not really wanting to cut into the wiring to make this happen. Has anyone done this?? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dearmosd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
look in the manual and find were the fuse is for the interior lights are an tap into it at the point

OP
OP
RELOADER

RELOADER

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
look in the manual and find were the fuse is for the interior lights are an tap into it at the point
That’s is what I was thinking but I’m also thinking that particular fuse stays hot all the time. I looked in the manual but couldn’t find anything that even come close to interior lighting. Would you know how it would be worded? Thanxs for the comeback.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe the ECM lights and dims the interior lights, if you add additional devices to the circuit, your ECM may not be happy. I tapped one footwell light and it operates a low draw relay for my LEDS that I added to the foot wells, under both front seats, and in the top of the storage console in the front on my 16 Tahoe.

OP
OP
RELOADER

RELOADER

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I believe the ECM lights and dims the interior lights, if you add additional devices to the circuit, your ECM may not be happy. I tapped one footwell light and it operates a low draw relay for my LEDS that I added to the foot wells, under both front seats, and in the top of the storage console in the front on my 16 Tahoe.
I added them to my TBSS with no problem, but the electrical systems nowadays scare the crap out of me. I had my sound system upgraded on the Tahoe and the installers added led lights behind all four door speakers and the sub box that come on when the doors open. I could probably tap into the wire lighting up the subs but I’m nervous about doing that.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought a pair of 12v LED strip lighting ( 6' long), from West Marine. I am planning to tap off my front door lower panel lights and mount them at the bottom door panels. Add lighting to the ground when I open the door. Hmmmm..... Now you got me thinking.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I bought a pair of 12v LED strip lighting ( 6' long), from West Marine. I am planning to tap off my front door lower panel lights and mount them at the bottom door panels. Add lighting to the ground when I open the door. Hmmmm..... Now you got me thinking.
I think @Rocket Man did this mod to The Beast.

OP
OP
RELOADER

RELOADER

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I love it in my TBSS. I wish the Tahoe came with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dapperdadman