LED exterior lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ls1leadfoot

Reaction score
Much much better
Its funny how just little things like that improve looks as well as functionality

Kenric

Reaction score
Two things.....

1) Gotta watch out on length.
Those look a lot longer than the stock bulb and you may not be able to fit them.

2) I tried directional LEDs for my plate lights and, since the fixtures are vertical, and off to the side of the plate, the illumination was very uneven and didn't look right. I ended up switching back to the 5 LED units and the distribution was much better.

Fast55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 5 LED type I have are the same length as a 168 and the light spread works well. The first super bright ones suggested and some of the others definitely do not work for both reasons.

MitchellPark

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Those 168's might be too much for puddle/license plate unless you like things really bright. I had that in the trunk of my Avalon and they're eye burners. I used the cheaper 5K 5 LED 168's and they're fine. I have the older version of the 7440's for hid xenon kits in Gen 5 tails and they're bright enough for me. Never used the CREE bulbs, but most people seem happy.

Lights looks really nice. I have read reviews on these lights and most of them are shows positive response:worship::worship:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo