LED Color/Number Ordering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

t_bergman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am hoping that this is not a stupid question as I cannot find anything on the subject.

I am looking to do full LED in each tail lamp on my 2013, simple bulb replacement only. The manual says that I would need two 7443s for each side then a 7441 for the white backup lights. From an LED perspective would this be just 3 sets of 7443s?

I really like the GTR products which I put in the headlight housings, however cannot find any part from them which is specific to the 7441 bulb.

Looking at these: https://www.headlightrevolution.com/brightest-7443-turn-signal-bulbs?quantity=1, I would get the hyperflash adapter for each set.

Thanks,

OP
OP
T

t_bergman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen it said both ways, but more recently recommendations say color for color, so red lens, red LED unit, white lens, white LED.
This makes sense, four red and then a pair of whites.

Can anyone confirm if 7443's can be used in place of 7441's?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I left the hyperflash on mine, as I believe that the fast flash attracts more attention from other motorists, and after all, that is the purpose of the directional signals in the first place. I will note that hyperflash is illegal in some states.

OP
OP
T

t_bergman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I left the hyperflash on mine, as I believe that the fast flash attracts more attention from other motorists, and after all, that is the purpose of the directional signals in the first place. I will note that hyperflash is illegal in some states.

I understand the hyperflash, but would definitely add the resistors as it would drive me nuts and is not legal within IL.

I believe I have also found the answer for 7441 bulbs which are now outdated and why I cannot find them and 7443s can be used in place.