Leaking fuel line

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nash2000

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 1996 Tahoe has a pretty good leak in the fuel line. I crawled underneath to see how bad it was and it was, the leak seems to be coming from where the line curls up (in the rear) kind of in between the frame and the fuel tank. I can't see exactly where its leaking but that's the area. I'd like to know how to fix this, does that tank need to come off, can fuel line be flared?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
:welcome:
curled one is a quick connect fitting for some what flexible lines in rear on either end really. sure it is not a metal line or is not coming from top of tank? perhaps a flash light and mirror could help. if it is flex line or top of tank, it will have to be lowered a bit to disconnect bad lines or entirely if it is the pump module gasket.

OP
OP
N

nash2000

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
:welcome:
curled one is a quick connect fitting for some what flexible lines in rear on either end really. sure it is not a metal line or is not coming from top of tank? perhaps a flash light and mirror could help. if it is flex line or top of tank, it will have to be lowered a bit to disconnect bad lines or entirely if it is the pump module gasket.

This is the scoop. The truck is my backup vehical...its not driven much anymore but when I got it on the road this year I noticed a gas smell a few days after driving it. I soon noticed a minor fuel drip, while standing about 10 feet away it looks like its dropping about 1 foot in front of left rear tire(give or take) now the drip is quite heavy and it only drips while truck is running. Today I got it fired back up to further assess, I thought that it was leaking from a straight part of the line along side the frame rail but after taking a flash light underneath is when I noticed it was leaking from where it curls up into the truck in between the tank and the frame. I can't tell what is actually leaking...its so tight up there. Here is a picture I just took, I thought the leak was in the area of where you see the back zip tie but its leaking from up where it curls as you can see how it curl a in the picture. I can't even get my hand up there and its nearly impossible to see or pin point the actual leak. Not sure what to do??bunenyba.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
got some serious corrosion going on there. but since you have a second vehicle i suggest you drop the tank disconnect the lines and do a thorough investigation. in fact weather it is lines or tank gasket, clean up that frame and replace all the lines. about time they go. brake lines too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts