Laura GMC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kaiserwillie

Reaction score
I got my 2016 Yukon SLT from Laura GMC and had it shipped. No muss no fuss smooth buying experience even though I was an out if state buyer. Are they still highly rated? Been thinking about a 2022 or 23 XL upgrade. My 2016 shorty just doesn't have enough rear storage for me.

Seamus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would buy a 20 and skip these new ones for a bit, just my opinion.
especially if you like still having a shifter, those push/pull buttons are a joke.
go rent one or test drive one before you decide.
I agree. We rented a 2021 Suburban for a month. Great platform for a smooth ride. Very much improved, the rear suspension really changes things. I had a 2017 Denali XL and it was night and day. Didnt like the pull buttons. Camera is insane! It is a BIG truck compared to the previous generation. Great highway hauler, we enjoyed it. The 10 speed and the gearing is great. BUT.......at over 80k theres no way. The lifter issue get bigger every day these trucks get mileage on them. At this price point, its just unacceptable. The way GM has responded is even worse. Cams, lifters, pushrods, metal going through motor and GM offers nothing not even an extended warranty. I went with the Denali Sierra 3.0 Duramax and love it. If the time comes, I will probably wait for a 2024 and do the 3.0 Duramax again, absolutely love this motor.

AJMBLAZER

Reaction score
Laura is still good but realize they’re not much different than anyone else right now. Not a lot of stock at all and order delays. We’ve had a Yukon SLT on order since October and no word on when it will go to production.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Laura is still good but realize they’re not much different than anyone else right now. Not a lot of stock at all and order delays. We’ve had a Yukon SLT on order since October and no word on when it will go to production.
I checked their website and they seem to have more inventory than some other dealerships here on the East Coast.

AJMBLAZER

Reaction score
Most of that inventory is sold. Remember as soon as it gets a VIN GM puts it on the dealer's website even if it is already sold and not actually available to buy.

That said Laura has gotten a few in for stock so far this season. None optioned how we wanted and they disappeared quickly.

CASTLEDFW15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some of the lower/mid level trims and options/packages are essentially “Door Busters”!

Door Busters are exactly What they are meant to be. Get you in the door and hope you will look to upgrade. Even if you take door buster that still counts as a sale. This also helos the dealer with their next allocation……if you are allocated 20 and sell all 20…your next allocation might be 25

The other part of a door buster is to show inventory even is most of them are technically “In Transit”.

Sales manager to inventory clerk…….How many do we have in this allocation?

Clerk………...20

Sales Manager…….How many of those are presold or do we have deposits for custom orders?

Clerk……….……seven!

Sales Manager………….Order the ones we have deposits and the rest to normal inventory……even if they are not presold, they will probably selll quick.

Clarification and could vary between dealer and sales market. But in general mid level trim and options would for this vehicle probably be various options/packages of LT trim…a volume seller even on their own but could be enhanced with the right options/packages.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belveman