Laser Jammers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

popo8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GM, I dont know..but for Ford yes there is. Calibrated to the point up to 100mph. Every six months with a trooper sitting in every car we have with some type of device to measure speed. If the speedo is off it goes into the Ford dealership to get the speedo dead on. Hop in a Crown Vic...look at the speedo and read whats under the speedo needle.

According to PA VEHICLE CODES... yes there absolutley is.....Got the certification which is renewed every 30 days to document.

Visit us @ LTXtech.com
Larry (Popo8) Co-owner

Edit... i wanted to quote the guy that said it didnt exist.... sorry

Last edited:

popo8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's no such thing as a properly calibrated speedo. The moment that car starts driving all bets are off. Tire wear affects speedo accuracy. So does temperature. Even GM acknowledges this. If you sniff around www.gmfleet.com and look up the Tahoe for police agencies you will find a document that tells the police agencies the Tahoe speedo variation is +/-2mph @ 60mph @ 72°F. That's brand new everything. I wonder if GM has a notice about the same thing for all of its cars. I've never checked.

THIS GUY^^^

Visit us @ LTXtech.com
Larry (Popo8) Co-owner

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu
That thinking is why there are so many flunkies taking defensive driving courses to get out of one of their numerous tickets for unsafe driving and try to keep their auto insurance costs down due to their driving deficiencies. Most of those flunkies are the same ones buying radar detectors and other gizzmos, and seem to think they have a clue about the law. :rolleyes:

You've got it backward domin8. The speed limit is at the top of the list. It isn't number two like you posted above. Funny how often the morons that think they can drive whatever they want to don't even slow down to the posted speed limit even in inclement weather.

And Texas raises and lowers speed limits all the time. We recently had numerous speed limits raised in Lubbock, TX and a very few decreased. But I wasn't one of the test dummies who got ticket after ticket pushing the cops.

By the way, I have lived in Boise, Idaho and Salt Lake City, Utah. :)

Here we go. Somebody thinking they know everything, yet you haven't cited a single thing. If you brought more facts to an argument than attitude people on this forum might actually take you seriously.

Wanna see my MVR? You'll be very disappointed. It'll show I have a clean record. I have to. I carry a CDL with some very important endorsements. The endorsement I take the most serious is P. Have I ever purchased, used, or been given a radar detector? No. Have I ever purchased, used, or been given a jammer? No. To claim, or even insinuate, such only reveals more of your ignorance.

Yes, when I was younger, in high school, and just learned to drive, I did screw up. So what. Who hasn't? I doubt you're perfect. Yes, at one point I did take a defensive driver course. So what? It actually helped make me a better driver.

You're a cop right? I bet you knew everything the moment they put you behind the wheel of cruiser, huh? No? That explains the driving course you went through. How many cones did you hit? Ever been through a course where they take the rear wheels off a fwd car and replace them with giant casters just so the instructor can hit the brakes and simulate a slide? Does taking that type of course make me a flunky? What about high performance driving? I'm certified to 130. How about you? I've probably been to more driving schools than you. Does that make me a flunky? Does my insurance know? Why should they? I do extra driving courses for fun, not cheaper insurance. Although, now that you mention it, maybe I should talk to my agent about it. I like saving money.

What I told you concerning Utah law and what Detective Duffy said is a matter you may not agree with, but it is Utah law that you have disputed. How an officer applies it is not my problem until I get a ticket. I'm just telling you what he said. Put on your big boy pants and deal with it. This is not my interpretation.

And, speaking of legal interpretation, it is not the duty of a police officer to interpret the law. That is the job of a judge. It is a police officers job to apply the law as it is. So, if a set of laws state that safe driving is first A and then B, then there is nothing the officer can do. How an officer applies the law is their choice. Hopefully they choose the right way.
Because you were driving way too damn slow! If some moron drives fifteen or twenty miles UNDER THE SPEED LIMIT around Lubbock, TX on a nice, dry day, the police are going to get involved, if necessary. There is a difference between driving the posted speed limit while others are going far in excess of the posted speed limit, and driving fifteen miles under the posted speed limit.

Some of you guys are very confused on laws. If everyone else in your neighborhood is out ****** and pillaging, you aren't going to get put in jail for not ****** and pillaging while the criminals get an official police pass. Now try to apply that concept to blowing past the posted speed limit by fifteen or twenty miles an hour because some other jerks are doing the same thing.

Here you go again, showing off your ignorance. You even applied Texas law to a situation in Utah, again. In Utah, if he is traveling 15-20 under the regular speed limit (for example, 60 in a 75) he is still technically going the posted speed limit. Utah has a thing where there is a range for the speed a motorist can travel. There are 2 speed limit signs on interstates in rural areas. The first one is the standard speed limit, which is now 80 in valleys and 75 in canyons on I-15. The sign below it looks exactly like a standard speed limit sign, but says minimum speed limit, which is 45. Additionally, the little handbooks the DMV hands out states that the minimum speed limit on interstates in Utah is 45 everywhere. This is not to be confused with Trucker Speed Limits, which is often 10 below the normal speed limit. For example, the speed limit on I-80 east of Salt Lake increases from 65 to 75 for passenger vehicles at Echo Reservoir, but remains 65 for Trucks, and there is a black and white sign that says so. Again Steven, you talked when you knew nothing.

Just like Utah law is an apples-to-oranges comparison to Texas law, so is ****** and pillaging is to speeding. Again, trying to apply Texas statute to Utah statute for incidents in Utah is not realistic or practical.

As for this argument with you, I'm done having it be in a thread that wasn't intended for this. Should you choose to continue it, feel free to send me a PM. However, I really don't want to hear from you. I'm tired of trying to explain to you how Texas is not Utah.

Last edited:

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu
According to PA VEHICLE CODES... yes there absolutley is.....Got the certification which is renewed every 30 days to document.

Visit us @ LTXtech.com
Larry (Popo8) Co-owner

Edit... i wanted to quote the guy that said it didnt exist.... sorry

If that's PA code, then that is a different unit of measurement. However, if you'd like, I can post a link from gmfleet.com that shows what I was talking about.

popo8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If that's PA code, then that is a different unit of measurement. However, if you'd like, I can post a link from gmfleet.com that shows what I was talking about.

Honestly... i have nothing to do with calibrating our speedos or timing equipt outside of setting up the appointments, so i wont act as if i know... what i do know is those certs every 30-60 days (dep on which equiptment) are accepted and aknowledged as FACT in court.

Visit us @ LTXtech.com
Larry (Popo8) Co-owner

Yukon&Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please get your point across in a way that does not require calling names or bashing members. Consider this a verbal warning to everyone. We've had too much bashing of members here lately and bans will be handed out if it persists.

Thank you,

Staff

Last edited by a moderator:

03YukonLar

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Or..... Just obey the f*ck*ng speed limit d*p sh*t, as in those "work zones & accident reduced speed area's" peoples lifes are at stake helping those in a less fortunate situation!! Should have quadroupled your fine!

I think any "law enforcment officer, fire/rescue worker or construction worker" (as I am one of those) could attest to!!

I agree 100% , as far as I am concerned tickets should START AT $400 and go up , these drivers are way beyond stupid.

popo8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or..... Just obey the f*ck*ng speed limit d*p sh*t, as in those "work zones & accident reduced speed area's" peoples lifes are at stake helping those in a less fortunate situation!! Should have quadroupled your fine!

I think any "law enforcment officer, fire/rescue worker or construction worker" (as I am one of those) could attest to!!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I agree 100% , as far as I am concerned tickets should START AT $400 and go up , these drivers are way beyond stupid.

Visit us @ LTXtech.com
Larry (Popo8) Co-owner

Autbond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was a retired police officer that tested almost all of the "jammers" and "scramblers" that were out about 5 years ago and the conclusion was that all but one didn't work at all. The one that did work only worked from about 10 yards from the front of the vehicle.

The only ones that really work are over $2k and IMO def not worth it on a SUV of this size. Get a hardwired V1 ($500) and a rear-view mirror mount for it ($80) and it will save you a lot of money!

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just speed everywhere (except school and construction zones) and have had no problems... just need to be smart about it. No tickets with my V1 (From California to Nevada, now in New Mexico and on my way back to Texas later this week)

I think the last time I voluntarily went the speed limit outside of rush hour, school and construction zones was when I was taking my drivers test. Max speed on "private roads" was way too high for anyone's good. 3rd gear hits 103mph (and have 3 more to go). Why are these trucks geared like this anyways?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sohccammer427