Laser Jammers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Yea ive sped and got scanned but didnt get pulled over i was going 70 on a 60 and yea speed differs depending conditions and tx is like super hot so i guess it has to do with tricking the gun

StevenFromTexas

Mr. Negative
Reaction score
Apparently you don't get it. So, let me break it down as simply as I can. The rule about the speed limit is, first the rate of speed everybody else is going, second the posted speed limit.

That thinking is why there are so many flunkies taking defensive driving courses to get out of one of their numerous tickets for unsafe driving and try to keep their auto insurance costs down due to their driving deficiencies. Most of those flunkies are the same ones buying radar detectors and other gizzmos, and seem to think they have a clue about the law. :rolleyes:

You've got it backward domin8. The speed limit is at the top of the list. It isn't number two like you posted above. Funny how often the morons that think they can drive whatever they want to don't even slow down to the posted speed limit even in inclement weather.

And Texas raises and lowers speed limits all the time. We recently had numerous speed limits raised in Lubbock, TX and a very few decreased. But I wasn't one of the test dummies who got ticket after ticket pushing the cops.

By the way, I have lived in Boise, Idaho and Salt Lake City, Utah. :)

Denali0229

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4 tickets isnt much. Stuff happens and well yea you get a ticket but it doesnt get suspended for 4 minor tickets. Dwi and dui now thats the suspension

In FL, your license gets suspended for 12 points in one year. I think its 3 points for a speeding ticket so 4 a year would cover that. Nevertheless, that's an expensive year between tickets and increased insurance premiums.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

tjf2012

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I got pulled over going from St. George to Salt Lake City for going 15 under the posted speed limit of 80mph

I did not get a ticket but the trooper warned me of the consequences of going to slow with all the traffic.

In some places they actually have minimum speed limit signs.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

StevenFromTexas

Mr. Negative
Reaction score
I got pulled over going from St. George to Salt Lake City for going 15 under the posted speed limit of 80mph

Because you were driving way too damn slow! If some moron drives fifteen or twenty miles UNDER THE SPEED LIMIT around Lubbock, TX on a nice, dry day, the police are going to get involved, if necessary. There is a difference between driving the posted speed limit while others are going far in excess of the posted speed limit, and driving fifteen miles under the posted speed limit.

Some of you guys are very confused on laws. If everyone else in your neighborhood is out ****** and pillaging, you aren't going to get put in jail for not ****** and pillaging while the criminals get an official police pass. Now try to apply that concept to blowing past the posted speed limit by fifteen or twenty miles an hour because some other jerks are doing the same thing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rockytfox

Rockytfox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To get back to the reason why I started this thread, I should probably add that the normal speed limit along I-70 is 70 mph. This one section, the city (who only covers 3,000 ft of I-70) had marked the speed limit down to 55. I was moving with the flow of traffic with cars all around me. I wasn't flying by anyone... Normandy, MO has established the accident reduction corridor as a way to generate revenue for their tiny city (a law was recently passed capping the amount of revenue they could gain from this ARC zone).

I really started this thread to learn a little more about Jammers not because I speed everywhere and drive recklessly.

tjf2012

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey StevenfromTexas,

What's your deal?. haha, are you really insulting on a forum???

I was going a safe speed for what i was driving. .driving a truck and trailer, Sooooo Sorry! i guess I'm going to be a "moron"(nice vocab btw) and I'll drive safe.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

jblackwell

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've tried several conventional jammers using my buddies take home cop car....nothing has worked thus far. Oh yeah, laser is even harder.

BP RETIRED

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's no such thing as a properly calibrated speedo. The moment that car starts driving all bets are off. Tire wear affects speedo accuracy. So does temperature. Even GM acknowledges this. If you sniff around www.gmfleet.com and look up the Tahoe for police agencies you will find a document that tells the police agencies the Tahoe speedo variation is +/-2mph @ 60mph @ 72°F. That's brand new everything. I wonder if GM has a notice about the same thing for all of its cars. I've never checked.

GM, I dont know..but for Ford yes there is. Calibrated to the point up to 100mph. Every six months with a trooper sitting in every car we have with some type of device to measure speed. If the speedo is off it goes into the Ford dealership to get the speedo dead on. Hop in a Crown Vic...look at the speedo and read whats under the speedo needle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmyC