Knock Sensor - P0332 w/engine light.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My $30 scan tool says "Knock sensor 2 circuit low bank 2". I clear it and it comes right back. Vehicle runs great no other issues. 172k miles. What do y'all think? Change the pax side knock sensor and harness?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please don’t mind my ignorance, but what is the pigtails connecting to? Am I cutting off the existing plug and splicing on the new pigtail?
Yes if you buy pigtails, you’ll have to cut the wires, solder the pigtails on, and use heat shrink preferably or electrical tape. But I see no need to go to this extreme unless the connectors are corroded. Is that the case? If not, I wouldn’t worry about it. Just install the new sensors and see if that fixes it.

Larry07Yukon

Reaction score
Yes if you buy pigtails, you’ll have to cut the wires, solder the pigtails on, and use heat shrink preferably or electrical tape. But I see no need to go to this extreme unless the connectors are corroded. Is that the case? If not, I wouldn’t worry about it. Just install the new sensors and see if that fixes it.
I don’t know, it’s been cold and snowing so I haven’t looked at the connector

I‘ll order the pigtails and if the stock ones are shot I’ll replace, if not I’ll return them

i have solder, heat shrink tubing and everything needed to make a good connection

Larry07Yukon

Reaction score
Oh, is P0332 driver side or passenger side? I’ll change both but do one at a time in hopes to not set off the CEL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jhmjr