keyed hot wire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phattyford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to find an easy to get to keyed hot (remote) wire under the hood for my pressure switch on my train horns. Anyone know of an easy to get to keyed hot that I can tap into? Thanks in advance.

Fearz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used a fuse from my fuse box for my remote for my amp. Can't remember which one, but I just bought a fuse tap from autozone with a 10 amp fuse.

OP
OP
P

phattyford

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
yeah i thought about that but I was trying to stay away from tapping into the fuze box.
Well the tap is for a relay pressure switch right? If so, it won't be drawing all its power from there. Plus, the add a line kit is fused to prevent damage to original components.

OP
OP
P

phattyford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the tap is for a relay pressure switch right? If so, it won't be drawing all its power from there. Plus, the add a line kit is fused to prevent damage to original components.

Correct, it's for a relay pressure switch. I wasn't saying you were wrong on disagreeing with you at all. In fact, I think it is the most logical solution. I simply don't wanna have to run a wire from the fuse box all the way down to the passenger side front bumper. I guess I'm being lazy. Plus I didn't want a bunch of stuff cluttered in my fuse box.

Thanks for you help! It's appreciated and I suppose I'm of to the parts house.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
I was not offended at all man! I was just mentioning it is the easiest route because most of the electrical components under the hood are on the drivers side anyway, so you will have to run the wire across the bay, then down.

OP
OP
P

phattyford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got one one of those add a line fuse holders from Advanced Auto today for like $6. Seems like it's gonna work great...we'll find out tomorrow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts