Keep mistaking Tahoe for boat!!!! please help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eddie7644

Reaction score
I have a 2004 tahoe. It has a level kit on it with 33s. No better way to explain how it rides other then saying i drive a boat. It floats going down the highway constantly on the wheel correcting its position. If i mash the gas it lifts up the front and pulls hard to the right. Bilstein shocks are a year old and i checked the front end multiple times and no problems. Its so bad my ol lady cant ride in it without getting sick from the motion. Need advice if at all possible

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd suggest checking all swaybar end links, as one or more may have failed, causing a lot of unwanted motion.

Chip18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In general "Sway Bars" would control rapid transit response, ie changes of direction. Of course everything needs to properly torqued but I doubt "Sway bars are the issue here?? If it's bouncing up and down that badly?? It has to be a shock or spring situation???

And if the shocks are new??? They "should" not be the problem?? So "assuming" the shocks are not the issue?? It has to be the springs??

2004 would mean T-Bars up front ... did you make "adjustments" there?? I'm not aware of every hearing about "floating" issue with T-Bars?? So if you made no changes there?? Maybe you just have "beat up" set of rear coil springs???

If it's "squatting" on acceleration ... that would point to an "issue" with the "rear suspension" ie the springs to soft for what you've done??

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are your front jounce bumpers touching at all?

They look like bump stops but they are an integral part of the suspension on these trucks.

Merc1973

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like bad rear upper/lower control arm bushings, or bad track bar bushings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700