Keep 2011 PPV or get 2017 LS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GranPrix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have my 2011 PPV with 80,000 miles. It’s a Michigan truck so the undercarriage has a bit of rust and both rear fender edges are starting to rust. Other than that I have no issues.

Now I came across a Florida 2017 LS with 69,000 highway miles. It was a demo vehicle for an emergency lighting company going to several agencies up and down the Florida coast. That’s about 35k miles per year...

I can’t decide!!

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Buy the Florida one and keep them both long enough to see which you like better. Or keep them both. I am still searching for a Suburban to cozy up to my Tahoe with.

thompsoj22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
california native "REPUBLICAN" high desert
Let the rusty one go, rust is a form of automotive cancer that can only be cured by cutting things off and replacing them. Miss even one small area and it will come back. I have restored a couple cars that had rust only to be frustrated in the end knowing it will allways come back somewhere i missed.

PPV12HOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would get rid of the cancer... that's why I bought my ppv... the old dakota is rotting away from my 10 years in the north...

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think if you lived below the salt belt, Id say keep it, now Id say weigh your options wisely.. yeah your ppv has some rust, still a good truck at the end of the day.. If you are Ok with going in debt or dropping a fist full of cash on the 17 then do so... Its your money, spend it how you wish... Personally Id keep the 11 and buy the 17... drive the 17 in summer months, drive 11 in winter.. But thats me trying to find a solution to your rust belt problem... The 11 and 17 are far enough in their respective body years to be pretty solid when it comes to bugs etc... If your buying Ill take a Yukon XL denali....

Sourdeez

Reaction score
Coming from a 2015 Silverado (only @22k miles) it has MORE rust and is way less comfortable of a ride than my 2010 SSV @ 90k. Im a little sad that I like my 12k truck more than my 35k truck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9