K&N Throttle Control Module + Blackbear Tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tk59194

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone purchased the K&N Throttle Control Module or the Pedal Commander and use it along with a tune? My 2018 Tahoe is tuned by Black Bear and while I really like the tune, there is still a bit of lag in the throttle response. I know the K&N Control Module or Pedal Commander is not going to do anything for performance, but from all that I have read, it really does remove the lag pretty well. Looking for anyone who has experience using both together or feedback specifically on the K&N throttle control module.

Thanks!

Travis

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We are glad you are enjoying the tune. Normally you would not need something like a pedal commander once you get the tune with us. If you haven't already, shoot a quick email to us, we should be able to adjust the tune further and help with the throttle response.

OP
OP
Tk59194

Tk59194

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Black Bear,
Thank you for the response. I received your tune via AUTOCAL last May. It was 91+octane tune. I will definitely shoot you guys an email as I do not believe I have sent you post data logs since I installed the tune. Is there any downside or issue installing a throttle control module in conjunction with your tune?

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Perhaps someone has done it and has achieved good results. However, fundamentally, I'd definitely send data logs to BBP and have them tweak the tune before looking to install an add-on from another source in hopes that it would agree with, and not interfere with, the BBP tune.

OP
OP
Tk59194

Tk59194

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I fully intend to do that, but still want to know if throttle control modules can work in conjunction with a tune. The benefit of using a throttle control module is that you can adjust sensitivity whenever you want at the touch of a button or knob. I just want to know if there is anyone currently running both.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons