K & N Filter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kramlik

Reaction score
Just A Question.... Do You Really Need The Whole Set Up Or Can You Just Buy The K&N Filter, And What Exactly Are The Pluses - Performance? Sound? Gas Mileage? Thanks Guys !

Is it 2012 yet?
Reaction score
I saw a better throttle response and fuel mileage gain around 1-2 mpg if you look at a stock the tubing is ribbed and there is a silence r box to make the truck quieter in operation. If you can smoothe out airflow and increase the cfm you will make gains.

Last edited:

faze

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gimmick in that I don't believe the better filtration or horsepower claims. 320 bucks for an air filter system is nuts unless you're mounting a remote intake for river forging.

Horsepower costs money and doesn't come in the form of an oil bath air filter.

As for filtering better...using what stats? I've seen lots of gas motors with a quarter million miles on them that have only ever had 4-5 paper air filters in them their whole lives.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are a lot of options out there. Paper filters are not bad. Do some searching for dusted engines with the K&N.....I do run one but I hear that in very dusty areas that the filters can fail....where paper did not.

Either way, many options out there. MY K&N gave a great sound, I did not notice ant performance it may feel faster and so on but most of that is noise.

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gimmick in that I don't believe the better filtration or horsepower claims. 320 bucks for an air filter system is nuts unless you're mounting a remote intake for river forging.

Horsepower costs money and doesn't come in the form of an oil bath air filter.

As for filtering better...using what stats? I've seen lots of gas motors with a quarter million miles on them that have only ever had 4-5 paper air filters in them their whole lives.

Because you cant hose them off and keep driving like this....muddy.jpg

When I had done the same thing in my Ranger, Mud soaked the paper filter and collapsed my airbox...had to have the truck towed home as the Ranger wouldnt run if you took the filter out completely...And yes...throttle response was a little better if your looking for that...and the sound is much nicer as well

Last edited:

TheBeast99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well then i think i might just put it on my list of things to do then. stock replacement that is, not complete intake replacement. :)

makindue

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There are a lot of options out there. Paper filters are not bad. Do some searching for dusted engines with the K&N.....I do run one but I hear that in very dusty areas that the filters can fail....where paper did not.

Either way, many options out there. MY K&N gave a great sound, I did not notice ant performance it may feel faster and so on but most of that is noise.

Yeah right. I agree. I like also K&N as my air filter. How much did it cost you with that air filter?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k09viper