K&N Cold Air Intake Substitution...Will It Fit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ARAMP1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I went to the K&N website to see what was offered in the line of a cold air intake for my 2011 Yukon XL with the 6.0L. They only show the air filter part number 33-2135. However, when I look at the 6.2L, it shows the same part number for the air filter and a 63-3070 for the cold air intake.

So, anyone know if the 6.2L cold air intake will fit on the 6.0L motor?

Sierkonblazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It should. The 5.3, 6.0, and 6.2L are all externally the same dimensions.

OP
OP
ARAMP1

ARAMP1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well, I might just settle on an airaid. They are different part numbers. I wonder what's different about the two. It looks as if the tube from the filter to the intake is bent a bit differently.

quattrotman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you haven't bought yet, I would think about doing a dry filter as opposed to 'oiled' filters. You may never have any issues but I have had several problems with mass airflow sensors fouling from oiled filters and will never put one on my car again. Dry filters offers the same performance but cut out that risk. If you look into it, many others have had this issue (not specifically with our trucks but it can happen). I went with an AFE dry CAI becasue it was well priced and a complete kit with piping to the throttle body.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaymerkz