Just pulled the trigger on 2011 Denali XL what should I add?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice! you may want to replace those headlights they look a little faded, you can wet sand them and put a coating on them but my preference is to just replace them with new oem ones. I have 5% tint on all my back windows and can see fine, at night I have mirrors and backup camera. on the front I did like 35% California only allows about 70% I have never had any issue with 35%, on my Silverado it has 18% and I got 1 ticket $190 no biggie just paid it and moved on, by the time you screw around and clean it off for a $35 fix it ticket just to put tint back on I said screw it and just paid it.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious why someone would lift it 1-2 inches in the front? If it is I would probably have it removed. Not a fan of uneven looking vehicles.

As Wes said, they have a rake. All trucks do for aerodynamics and so they won't be sagging when loaded with cargo or towing a trailer. Yours looks slightly higher in the front, which is common when just the front is lifted because lift kits are usually in even increments. For example, if the front is 1.5" lower than the rear from the factory, and you put on a 2" front lift, it'll then be 1/2" higher in the front, making the rear look squatted.:signs16:

Yours may even be lifted 2" front and 1" rear. When you get it, post some pics of the coil springs in the rear where they sit on the axle and of the front where the struts are mounted to the lower control arm.

Reaction score
Nice!

those tires are decent for ATs not the best for snow but they are better than highway tires. I suggest doing dedicated snow tires and whatever tire the rest of the year. (If funds allow) thats what i do with the wifes car and hopefully my tahoe next winter.

Why go through the expense and hassle? It's Missouri, not Colorado, Montana, Wyoming, or North Dakota. The truck is all wheel drive and just about any all season tire will work fine in the ~4-6“ of snow we might see once or twice a year.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

jackD

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nice ride! Definitely a great Christmas present!

I just learned (through this great forum) about a great and easy preventative maintenance mod to the engine... an oil catch can. Would have done this first thing if I had known about them! Not sure why car manufacturers don’t use them in the first place.
Link to the details on why a catch can is needed and where to buy?

jackD

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
OP I’m shopping for a vehicle. Do you mind sharing what you paid and mileage?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 264737 View attachment 264738 View attachment 264739 This baby will be delivered next week for a surprise Christmas present for the wife and kids. Its got some really meaty tires on it ill post pics of. Im in mid missouri we get a little snow but not alot for very long. Should I trade those in for highway tires? I would assume they make for a rougher ride and less mpg. Also the tint looks factory. I def want to tint the front to Missouri legal 35% but does anybody know what percent they did on the sides and back? I think 5% would be too dark for the wife at night but I def want darker than the factory. Thanks for any advice or mod ideas, I cant wait. Ill post the Christmas surprise video after it happens.

Nice ride Joshua, the truck probably has a 1" spacer under the front shocks which lifts the front 2 inches. The BFG KO2s are great tires, run them at 42-47 psi. I ran mine for a long time at 49-50 psi and they wore down in the center. 42 psi just provides enough load bearing capacity to equal the rear axle. If you run them lower, it will ride like a marshmallow and the tires will wear out quick. Expect 40-60K with those go-anywhere you want to tires provided you take care of them.

My truck, with its dumb suspension is at stock ride heights front and rear. Well, stock for 160K miles!

Plant Bamboo - 20200922 - 05.jpeg

My advice would be for your first mod, clean fluids and filters! Second mod would be mud flaps. KO2s throw up a lot of dirt and rocks and they did a number on the lower doors, lots of touch up paint and the running boards were always full of sand, dirt or water until we put the factory black splash shields on.

I also added the factory accessories, the tilt and shock sensors and will be adding the Advanced 2-Way Remote Start tomorrow.

Oh, one more thing, the most important tool in your tool box to work on these things is a Tech-2 and a subscription to the shop manual at AllDataDIY.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. From what I've seen its doesn't seem like the front is lifted but I could be wrong, ill post a few more pics. I'd love 20% but I'd be worried LE in Missouri would get me a ticket, do you have anyissues with that?View attachment 264743 View attachment 264744
Definitely looks like the front is on a leveling kit. I did that route in January to accommodate taller tires. And I love having the extra clearance on the front. But I see more snow where I live and that comes in handy. Those BFG tires are fantastic tires. I’d leave them on until they run out of tread and then replace with your tire of choice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157