Just One More Thing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bernie Daily

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Our '98 Tahoe has been my wife's driver to work at the library since 2015. Yesterday the fuel pump failed completely. I know if I get under there and drop the tank I am going to clean up and paint the space under the tank and replace any lines, brake or fuel, that look crappy. Then it will be down the frame rail with more black paint, and on and on. I have some old cars that need work as well. At 72 years old maybe I should pass this on and do some work on the car I bought when I was 30. It's sitting in the back of the garage. Decisions, decisions.
0098.jpg 0021.jpg 0032.jpg

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a '65 Electra back in the day. I bought it for $200 during the '74 gas crisis. It was the smoothest riding boat that I've ever had. Then, I got rear-ended 3 times within 12 months, and I had to junk it.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our '98 Tahoe has been my wife's driver to work at the library since 2015. Yesterday the fuel pump failed completely. I know if I get under there and drop the tank I am going to clean up and paint the space under the tank and replace any lines, brake or fuel, that look crappy. Then it will be down the frame rail with more black paint, and on and on. I have some old cars that need work as well. At 72 years old maybe I should pass this on and do some work on the car I bought when I was 30. It's sitting in the back of the garage. Decisions, decisions.
View attachment 271916 View attachment 271917 View attachment 271920

Your Tahoe looks perfect in and out. Especially for being in the salt state. I am amazed how the leather seats look. Still looks showroom new.

OP
OP
Bernie Daily

Bernie Daily

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The driver seat bottom and bun are new leather from US Seats in Texas, great product.
It has its spots that don't show in the picture but is above average. I am getting backed up on car work and thinking of letting it go for $3,200 with the bad pump. Just too many cars turning into projects. 585-797-7421
Bernie

OP
OP
Bernie Daily

Bernie Daily

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am in the market for a rust free Tahoe, Yukon, or Esky. I broadened that $3200 thought to Craigslist and the first person snapped it up for $2600. And I freed myself up to spend the summer with my other cars. "Selling the work" was probably worth more than the truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe