Just got a 2014 Tahoe PPV and the alarm goes off when I open the drivers door

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dhwright

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello and thank you kindly in advance

I just got the truck Friday. It is a 2014 Tahoe PPV with only 50k miles.

When I used the key to unlock the front driver door, the beeping horn alarm usually goes off when I then open the door. I then put the same key in the ignition and start the truck and the alarm goes off.

Any ideas? Is there a trick to unlocking the driver’s door? Or, is there something else I need to know?

Regards,
Dave

OP
OP
dhwright

dhwright

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine does it too. You must use the remote fob to avoid setting the alarm off.
Interesting and thank you! I am not sure I got a remote fob. I have a metal key and a key with a black plastic handle. Is that the fob?

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The key with the plastic has the chip to turn of the anti theft system.

I get the manual with mine which told me you must use the remote to unlock to keep the alarm from going off.

The standard PPV fob doesn’t have the start, hatch or glass buttons like this one. I still have that but wanted to be able pop the glass. Also an I’ll fated attempt to get remote start.

225AC3DB-612C-4BB8-87A9-219CC450259D.jpeg

OP
OP
dhwright

dhwright

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
great info! Thanks! My chip must not work on the key with the plastic. Perhaps I have to go to a dealer to get a new key and remote.

C17load

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The key with the plastic has the chip to turn of the anti theft system.

I get the manual with mine which told me you must use the remote to unlock to keep the alarm from going off.

The standard PPV fob doesn’t have the start, hatch or glass buttons like this one. I still have that but wanted to be able pop the glass. Also an I’ll fated attempt to get remote start.

View attachment 387187
Press the door lock button twice then try the remote start