Just bought an ‘18 Yukon Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ryan6769

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It’s fully loaded with the Denali Ultimate package. Absolutely loving it. Got it yesterday.

Question: do you guys always have it in 4WD Auto or instead 2WD? I was thinking that 2WD might make sense for every day driving 99% of the time.

Do you keep it in 4WD anyway? I’m sure the fuel mileage difference is pretty negligible but 2WD might result is less wear and tear.

Serg-214

Reaction score
Congrats! Any pics?
Got my 18 Denali XL about a month ago and have almost put 2000 miles on it. Absolutely love mine as well and can't stop driving it.

I feel a little bad neglecting my 15 Sierra. Went from washing it once a week and driving it everywhere to only washing it once since buying the Denali and maybe driving it once a week only because my wife makes fun of me for not driving it anymore.

Mine is a 2wd so I cant answer your question. Didn't need it since I have never towed or gone off road in my life.

Good luck with yours and keep enjoying it man

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am sure you will keep loving your 2018 Denali..Welcome from Miami Beach Ryan!!

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Service Manager said to keep it in 2wd unless on a slippery surface, in which case Auro or 4wd would be appropriate. I have yet to move mine out of 2wd, even in rain.

Anon2015

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the glove box of your new '18 is a book called "Owner's Manual". You might want to read it. For the record, it say's to keep it in 2WD unless road conditions dictate otherwise. On the other hand, it's your ride, do whatever you can afford with it.

15YUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never knew you couldn’t run these in auto on the dry road. On my Expedition the manual said you could run the truck in auto on dry road surfaces. I tend to run my trucks in 2HI anyway but still good to know.

Anon2015

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Read the manual. There's a difference between "don't","not recommended", etc.
Guess what...you can download the pdf of that manual and do text searches ... might make it easier for you to find your answers. BTW, you don't have an Expedition, you have a Yukon. You should expect some differences.

I'll make it easy for you ... pages 223 and 224

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarkHearse