Just a quick "Hello".

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

Beau

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
As far as a hitch you can install an aftermarket one and IMO it doesn't look right or find an OE one to install. The OE one replaces the factory rear bumper with the hitch integrated in to it and than sits up behind the bumper skin and not below it like the aftermarket one does.

Thanks for the info Chris. The headliner and dash are the only pieces that I didn't take out. May need to drop the headliner if the smell doesn't go away. Yep, I'm on the hunt for a OE hitch.

OP
OP
B

Beau

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Found a salvage yard 45 minutes away with a OE hitch. Ended up getting hitch, 2nd row black leather buckets, passenger side door panel, 2 second row Bose speakers, center dash panel for DIC ...$300. Very happy. Thanks for all of your help. Now looking for front leather seats, leather steering wheel and driver side 2nd row door panel. I'm still all in under $6000. My bad transmission...added Lucas trans treatment and it's shifted perfectly ever since.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach! Nice PPV Tahoe.

s0lohans

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello! Did you ended up removing the headliner to clean it? I’m about to do it and paint to black but want to see instructions/ guide first to ensure I don’t break anything in the process.

Jr_Davis

Reaction score
Hello! Did you ended up removing the headliner to clean it? I’m about to do it and paint to black but want to see instructions/ guide first to ensure I don’t break anything in the process.

I painted a headliner recently and I wasn’t a fan of the outcome. You would be better off to get it wrapped. Anytime something touches it, there is a trace of it left behind.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I painted a headliner recently and I wasn’t a fan of the outcome. You would be better off to get it wrapped. Anytime something touches it, there is a trace of it left behind.
I was gonna say just recover it.

s0lohans

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wow thanks so much guys. So the material of headliner is not fond of getting repainted? I’ll just clean it with super clean and a orbiter per some YouTube videos and call it even. I wanted to black out the interior but seems like a big hassle.