(JK help lol) Headrest LCD install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Anthony

2004 Tahoe LT (MA)
Reaction score
I have been looking on Craigslist recently and going to purchase a pair of (2) 9.2 LCD headrests. They are the fully adjustable ones to fit any car. My question is: What is the easiest way to get the existing headrests out and also get the wires from the new headrests into my dash for power/ video source? The cables come out of the bottom of the "poles" on the head-rests.

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the trim clips below the headrests, there is a small hole that you need to insert a pin into to release the headrests.
To get the wires through, you can unclip the black plastic strip that goes along the bottom of the seatback. You'll have to look underneath to see it. Once you unclip this you can reach up and pull the wires through then route them underneath the carpet towards your video source.

OP
OP
Anthony

Anthony

2004 Tahoe LT (MA)
Reaction score
On the trim clips below the headrests, there is a small hole that you need to insert a pin into to release the headrests.
To get the wires through, you can unclip the black plastic strip that goes along the bottom of the seatback. You'll have to look underneath to see it. Once you unclip this you can reach up and pull the wires through then route them underneath the carpet towards your video source.

JK, simply put: "You're the man"
thumbs_up.jpg

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad I could help out bro. Let me know if you have any trouble or anymore questions.

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Damn...I was just going to ask if anyone has done this, since I was looking at some similar, if not the same, headrests.

"Search" FTW!

Stik

Reaction score
I ran my just as JK said and had no issues... my wires i ran under my center console up to my head unit... kids love the dual monitors..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos