Jet throttle body

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eod1

If you see me running, I would try to keep up.
Reaction score
Has anyone tried one of these??

1696011.jpg Part Number: 118726-03243590
Notes: Powr-Flo(TM) Throttle Body; CARB E.O. D-234-10
Features:
  • Direct Bolt On
  • Increased Air Flow And Improved Throttle Response
  • More Horsepower
  • Quick Plug In Play Installation
  • Updated Electronics

foeteef

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone tried one of these??

View attachment 208233 Part Number: 118726-03243590
Notes: Powr-Flo(TM) Throttle Body; CARB E.O. D-234-10
Features:
  • Direct Bolt On
  • Increased Air Flow And Improved Throttle Response
  • More Horsepower
  • Quick Plug In Play Installation
  • Updated Electronics
I'm interested in this too, did you ever purchase...or went with a different one?

OP
OP
Eod1

Eod1

If you see me running, I would try to keep up.
Reaction score
Snake oil....? Ok so you speak from experience. Have you had one installed on yours? Ok.so the answer is No. So how can you say it would not work? I hate people that make **** up just to be in a conversation. I asked, you don't know but your best speculation is no. Wow that's impressive. No I have not bought one yet. Just payed for a 42k trans cooler for my ppv. This will be next.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought about getting one but opted for the ls7 throttle body instead it's plug-n-play

this is the genuine ac-delco part which is made by hitachi, but watch out if shopping for a discounted one there not oem at all
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2009-2010-...hash=item51b4e6285e:m:mfFZ7J9sTYzCWyRXE0HvGow

***side note if you are still using the factory intake you may have to modify it for this throttle to fit properly, i have the k&n blackhawk so it was not a issue.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"Performance" throttle bodies have been around for ages so there's no real need to have experience with this exact one. Sure, this particular one has fancy flutes. Those will make your nuts tingle every time you remove your intake tube. They all do the same thing- improve throttle response for any amount of pedal input. The exact same thing can be accomplished, for free, with a stock TB just by pushing your pedal a little further than normal.

It's your money and you were set on buying it anyway. So get it, then report back on how much more responsive your truck is and how good you feel about your purchase. Maybe it's not "snake oil" by definition, but it sure is a tall glass of sweet Kool-Aid for you. Bottoms up.

Last edited:

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
"Performance" throttle bodies have been around for ages so there's no real need to have experience with this exact one. Sure, this particular one has fancy flutes. Those will makes your nuts tingle every time you remove your intake tube. They all do the same thing- improve throttle response for any amount of pedal input. The exact same thing can be accomplished, for free, with a stock TB just by pushing your pedal a little further than normal.

It's your money and you were set on buying it anyway. So get it, then report back on how much more responsive your truck is and how good you feel about your purchase. Maybe it's not "snake oil" by definition, but it sure is a tall glass of sweet Kool-Aid for you. Bottoms up.

You could just Italian throttle mod it.

thompsoj22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
california native "REPUBLICAN" high desert
I have to also be added to the nay sayer group, you just arent going to get any useable power/response with pure bling! It is "****" machining but is the equivelant of being all suited up in the finest racing leather's all covered in sponser logo's and crossing the finish line "LAST PLACE"! Spend your cash on somthing with a measurable return, hell once that beauty is installed you would have to take apart the intake to even know it was there? lol. No disrespect intended, im just old! Now it implies "JET" so if it comes with an afterburner upgrade that will blow flames out the exhaust like the Batmobile im in!

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this type of throttle body was reviewed on a g6 forum i used to be on. snake oil? no not entirely worth the cost no. a while back when i was still doing the g6 thing this tb and the jet "performance" maf was used by a few members with no real positive reviews. the tb is nice as the inlet lip is machined wider but as i recall the actual throttle plate is oem size. so as was stated on a past thread on a different forum that there was no noticeable difference. the maf they offer actually showed gains but apparently only for a month. for whatever reason the couple that tried the maf said it was like the car tuned around the changes with the maf and went back to stock. also a company called vector used to offer a adapter harness that moves the intake air temp out of the maf and farther down the intake tube. something about heat soak ... which unless your running a turbo i still thing thats bs. my g6 actually had that kit on it when i bought it and all i noticed was i got worse mpg. so theres what info i recall on the 2 typical jet questioned items. if you want to find the thread yourself im referencing if i recall it should be located on performanceg6.com or something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harpo123