Jack crank access hole cover in rear bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bob Miske

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
On a 2009 Tahoe, what is everyone using to keep the jack crank hole cover in the rear bumper in place. I recently used it to lower the spare tire so I could replace the 2 clamps that hold the parking brake cable in place on the sway bar. Since that time, I reset the cover in the right place multiple times. Is there some kind of adhesive that I could use? It can't be permanent, because eventually down the road, I will run into a flat tire situation. If someone has an answer to the problem, I'd like to hear about it. Thanks in advance.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On a 2009 Tahoe, what is everyone using to keep the jack crank hole cover in the rear bumper in place. I recently used it to lower the spare tire so I could replace the 2 clamps that hold the parking brake cable in place on the sway bar. Since that time, I reset the cover in the right place multiple times. Is there some kind of adhesive that I could use? It can't be permanent, because eventually down the road, I will run into a flat tire situation. If someone has an answer to the problem, I'd like to hear about it. Thanks in advance.
it is supposed to stay in place with just the plastic tab, so it could be worn out.
this means either you need a new cover piece or maybe use a small square piece of hook & loop fastener

OP
OP
B

Bob Miske

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you! I just Googled for the part and I found a replacement on the GM parts website. It comes in basic black so I'll have to look up the color code from the glove box and get some touch up paint.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz