1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I've got a screw loose

Discussion in 'Interior' started by Dutchman, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Dutchman

Dutchman Member

Name:
    Lee
    Well, not exactly a screw loose (although some might disagree with that), I'm actually missing a screw. Specifically the one in the door panel behind the grip. I have a 2003 Tahoe LT and I was replacing the power window/door lock switch panel and notices I'm missing a screw in the door panel. It's not a big deal, but I'd like to replace it. Does anyone know the specs of that screw so I can find a suitable replacement?

2. Joseph Garcia

Joseph Garcia Supporting Member

Name:
    Joseph
    Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Two suggestions:

1) Contact a dealer and purchase the screw from them. It will be ridiculously overpriced, but even if it is $10, it will be a quick and proper replacement.

2) Remove the same screw from the opposite door panel and take it to an auto parts store, and try to match it up with a screw from their miscellaneous fasteners rack.

Tonyrodz and wjburken like this.
  3. wjburken

wjburken Supporting Member

Name:
    Wade
    Welcome to the forum from Iowa.

Can you post a picture of where the screw is missing?

4. Dutchman

Dutchman Member

Name:
    Lee
    It's located behind the handle that you pull on, not the handle that opens the door. I hope that helps.
    I didn't think about checking the other door and using that screw. That's probably the best bet. Thanks for the help Joseph!

missing screw.jpg

Joseph Garcia likes this.