its official selling my Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
as my traitor post we don't need my Tahoe anymore and ive been torn between keeping it and truly just making it a toy and going hog wild with it. but ive decided to let it go and passed the word around locally as ive always had a bunch of people interested in my tahoe. within 2 days of just word of mouth i have 3 people who want to come make offers. sadly tho with my concerns on the engine i wont make remotely close to what ive spent on it and im not going to shaft someone and not give them all the info.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good luck on your efforts to sell. I have full respect for folks who are upfront with the condition of their vehicles.

My niece just bought a car in the Denver area from a “mechanic”. He had things patched up/cleaned up just enough to hide some major issues long enough to make the sale and even suggested a place to get the inspection done at, which it passed. Two days later, things went south and she found out the motor needed major work done on it. Not 100% clear in what all was found. They found out that the “mechanic” and inspection place he recommended were in cahoots and now the inspection place is on the hook to refund her the price of the vehicle and may loose their ability to do inspection work.

OP
OP
drakon543

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck on your efforts to sell. I have full respect for folks who are upfront with the condition of their vehicles.

My niece just bought a car in the Denver area from a “mechanic”. He had things patched up/cleaned up just enough to hide some major issues long enough to make the sale and even suggested a place to get the inspection done at, which it passed. Two days later, things went south and she found out the motor needed major work done on it. Not 100% clear in what all was found. They found out that the “mechanic” and inspection place he recommended were in cahoots and now the inspection place is on the hook to refund her the price of the vehicle and may loose their ability to do inspection work.
i hate people who do that and have completely walked away from purchases for minor things if i realize someone was trying to hide something. never know if they might be trying to hide something bigger regardless i just wont do business with them.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I recently was looking at an 07 Tahoe and posted the story here. The seller said excellent condition and also volunteered that he was a mechanic for Ford for years and made sure Tahoe was in tip top shape. I found just the opposite. First, it was filthy inside. Dirt and animal hair everywhere. Second, trans cooling lines leaked. Third, sludge on the oil fill cap and some sludge in the coolant reservoir. Fourth, little dings and scratches in paint all around the vehicle. Fifth, several of the dash and steering wheel control knobs and switches were all rubbed off so could not tell what some were for. Sixth, the driver's leather seat had a tear in it. Those were the highlights. I mentioned all that here and some members said I was being too picky and should expect some of what I saw. I agreed but my point was that the guy said it was in "excellent" condition and if he said that what else was he hiding that I did not see. Plus, I was also told here that I was offering too little money for it.

Each and every single one of us have a right to state their opinion and I assure you that even if I disagreed with some of the comments, I took them as info/opinions and not as an attack or disagreement with me. I just like to be completely up front with people about this type of thing. I actually came within $500 of paying what I was willing to pay.

It is all good though as I have no ill will toward any opinions or comments. It was as close to a game as I like to play. I wasn't desperate for the Tahoe and was perfectly willing to walk away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC