it happened again- fuel pump no go

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

"350Vortec"

*Tahoeless, For now*
Reaction score
Ouch, i paid $400 for new ac delco pump, new sending unit, and bracket installed. But good to hear!

Mild

Reaction score
I have a new fuel pump in the back seat, i think its time i go out and change mine. same isssues, and i dont hear it kick on.

-Robin

OP
OP
T

TheBeast99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well it hasn't unexpectidly died since the replacement. still have hesitant warm starts tho, but still haven't been stranded, so it's ok. i got a long list of stuff that needs to be done to it :)

destroyer1362

A work in progress
Reaction score
too bad there isn't a reliable alternative to replacing the fuel pump in these, I replaced mine 3 times before I got one to work more than a week.. I still don't trust it to be honest

tlamot01

Reaction score
Anyone know exactly where to cut an access panel in the floor pan to access the pump without dropping the tank? Seems like that would be a better way.

imi4tth3w

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know exactly where to cut an access panel in the floor pan to access the pump without dropping the tank? Seems like that would be a better way.

or just drop the tank. i did it on my friends tahoe with hand tools and a jack/jackstand in about an hour. why cut a huge hole in the body right where the fuel access is?

and if you don't plan on selling it, fork out the extra cash for the acdelco pumps. as noted, everything else will inevitably crap out on you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n