Issues with Bumper on '15 Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Flynnstone

Reaction score
I noticed while out in direct sun today, that there are numerous indentations or maybe bubbles in the bumper. I've never been in a wreck, and the vehicle has 5000 miles on it. The abnormalities are visible on both the left and right side.

Here's a picture i've adjusted the contrast on so you can see what i'm talking about. Anyone noticed this??

34npp93.jpg

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
back to the dealer!!

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't have anything like that with my Tahoe. I'd definitely take it back to the dealership and see if you can get a new front bumper cover swapped in under warranty.

Pockets

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just over 70k miles on the ex wifes and hers doesn't have those at all. Definitely go to the dealer.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Illnasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same EXACT imperfection on my rear bumper. And I noticed it after I got a car wash and was in direct sun like you. I'm going to get her washed this week and see if I can find it again.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Bring it to a GOOD dealer. I'm willing to bet they'll be a pain in the ass about it - but I hope I'm wrong.

OP
OP
F

Flynnstone

Reaction score
So i got the Yukon back from the dealer today.... They were really good about the issue, and owned up to it being a manufacturing defect. The dealer i work with contracts their body work out to Service King, a nationwide body shop.

When I picked it up I was told that they didn't replace the bumper cover, but had to heat it up to remove the deformities. They mentioned that something behind the bumper was pushing on the inside of the bumper cover causing it to deform.

Upon initial walk around at the dealer, the previous issues seem to have been resolved, however the quality of the paint work, and fitment are really disappointing. I'm now dealing with orange peel, taped off paint lines, and part of the black plastic showing through the paint in the wheel wells...

I'm taking it back tomorrow...About ready to trade it in though for something else.

Fitment looking from top down

ixz3ts.jpg

Black plastic bumper cover showing through the paint in the wheel well.
2f03h8l.jpg

Paint line on left side of bumper near wheel well
zkfhis.jpg

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Prime example of why I wouldn't want ANY paint work unless I HAD TO as a result of an accident.

Good luck.

Btw, 2 of my 2015+ Yukons you can see those deals in the bumper in certain loght, primarily the rear.

That paint job is embarrassing though.

OP
OP
F

Flynnstone

Reaction score
Prime example of why I wouldn't want ANY paint work unless I HAD TO as a result of an accident.

Good luck.

Btw, 2 of my 2015+ Yukons you can see those deals in the bumper in certain loght, primarily the rear.

That paint job is embarrassing though.
Lesson learned. Strongly considering trading it in for something else...

I need to find out if GM offers new factory painted bumper covers.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I definitely wouldn't be happy with that. It's a factory flaw fixed for free under warranty and turns out like that? Nope...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pamelapanian

Latest posts