Is this normal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lowhoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 04 tahoe awd with McGaughy 2/3 kit spindles and coils, shock extenders HD Bilstiens and all bumpstops cut more than half. But when i installed the rear shocks the rear end lowered even more and now bottoms out all the time, its like i am driving with out rear shocks. My stock shocks were stiffer than the bilstiens. Is that normal cause i dont like it at all?

55belairtim

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have a 04 tahoe awd with McGaughy 2/3 kit spindles and coils, shock extenders HD Bilstiens and all bumpstops cut more than half. But when i installed the rear shocks the rear end lowered even more and now bottoms out all the time, its like i am driving with out rear shocks. My stock shocks were stiffer than the bilstiens. Is that normal cause i dont like it at all?

ya sounds right.
there are 2 different coils, one for air rid or heavy duty shocks and one for standard light duty shocks, if you use a hd coils on non hd shocks it will drop the rear even more, just replacing the factory hd shocks can drop the hoe up to an inch. put your factory hd shocks back one with the extenders than let me know how it rides.