Is there a write-up on deleting emissions system?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Back N Black

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 96 2-door Tahoe. I just rebuilt my engine, and have been reading the cons of retaining the EGR, and witnessed it first hand in my motor. I will be ordering a tune, and want to have the EGR turned off. More specifically, I want to delete the entire emissions system, because this truck is mostly a play toy, and an emissions system is not required. Even if I do decided to put it on the road, there are no emissions testing stations in my area. Where can I find details on what I can remove, with pictures, so that I know what to look for? Thanks in advance! :happy107:

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
leave it be and keep it in good order. i personally don't condone anyone violating emissions laws state AND federal whether they think their locality allows it or not. if you have reg plates you are bound by emissions laws whether you like them or not. if it is registered as off road and laws allow that stuff then that is fine but remember while you may have a loop hole locally your are still bound some way state or federal wise. remember also that when built the suv was already classified under federal laws at a minimum and prepped for the states it was expected to be sold in.

OP
OP
Back N Black

Back N Black

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, this was no help. It is not registered, and therefore emissions is completely useless to me. I was merely hoping that someone who had built a dedicated mud truck would have some incite.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
sorry about that. you may end up waiting a long while for a "dedicated mud truck" response here. never really seen here i think. perhaps forums that deal primarily with mudding these might yield better results for you. someone out there has done the same thing the same way before. try googling daily driver to off-road conversion or something to that effect. maybe even throw in an emissions word or term to help pinpoint. i am sure something will show up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo