Is There a Cabin Air Filter, and Where

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Joseph Garcia

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
For me, based upon experiences with my other vehicles, I have seen leaves and all kinds of other foreign materials somehow make it to my cabin fan and heat exchanger box, and then they start to clog and restrict the airflow itself. As such, I was looking into whether or not there was a cabin filter already in place on my 07 Yukon XL Denali.

Based upon your quick and helpful responses that it did not exist for the 07 model year, I purchased the retro-fit kit and a charcoal infused air filter from Rock Auto, and I will install it within the next few days.

Thanks again for all of your quick responses and recommendations. This is a continuing tribute to the ongoing value of this Forum and its members.

OP
OP
Joseph Garcia

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just completed the conversion, and it took about 2 hours and one bloody knuckle.

I used a Dremel with a cutting wheel and a right angle adapter to cut about 60% of the slot out. Then, I used a fine tooth hacksaw blade to cut the other 30% of the slot out, where I did not have sufficient clearance to use the Dremel. Last, I used a utility knife with a new heavy duty blade to cut the two end sections of the slot out.

Overall, one of the easier mods on this truck.

Thank you to all who offered advice and perspective on this conversion. Much appreciated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne