Is my Tahoe lifted?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KelZu

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi, new to the forum. Just picked up a (new to me) 2013 LTZ Tahoe. It came with 295/55/20 ridge grapplers and they take up most of the wheel well. My question is, how would I find out if the truck is lifted or not? Should I measure from the ground up? How high should the truck be? What is the standard height? Any help would be appreciated.
I was going to take a pic, but after this latest snow/ice storm, she needs a bath.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi, new to the forum. Just picked up a (new to me) 2013 LTZ Tahoe. It came with 295/55/20 ridge grapplers and they take up most of the wheel well. My question is, how would I find out if the truck is lifted or not? Should I measure from the ground up? How high should the truck be? What is the standard height? Any help would be appreciated.
I was going to take a pic, but after this latest snow/ice storm, she needs a bath.
Welcome! Toss up some photos anyway, life happens and ours get dirty too! Let me see if I can attach this file for you... Ok, that worked!

Check your door Tire and Load Information sticker to see what she originally came with, probably 275-55-20. Look at the diagram on page 9, then go to 10 or 12 to look up your configuration.

Attachments

• Upfitter's Guide - Frame Height Charts - GMT900.pdf
    901.3 KB · Views: 9
OP
OP
K

KelZu

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome! Toss up some photos anyway, life happens and ours get dirty too! Let me see if I can attach this file for you... Ok, that worked!

Check your door Tire and Load Information sticker to see what she originally came with, probably 275-55-20. Look at the diagram on page 9, then go to 10 or 12 to look up your configuration.
Thanks for the file. This is super helpful!!!

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
Find a stock vehicle and measure from the center of the wheels up to the edge of the fender for comparison. That takes all the wheel and tire variables out of the equation.

There are some variations in stock heights; 2WD/ 4wd , Z71 etc . So you’ll want a comparably equipped vehicle to compare.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

What I can tell you about your current tires is that they would fit snugly in an OEM height truck, but they would fit.

Tozan

Overlander
Reaction score
Find a stock vehicle and measure from the center of the wheels up to the edge of the fender for comparison. That takes all the wheel and tire variables out of the equation.

There are some variations in stock heights; 2WD/ 4wd , Z71 etc . So you’ll want a comparably equipped vehicle to compare.

So, mine is 28 inches from wheel center to fender it has 35's on it does that mean mine is lifted? :oops:

Myfirstz71

Reaction score
There are many types of lifts. To spot the simple ones, poke your head under the rear of the truck and look for any type of spacer that sits between the axle and the spring. There is a spring perch that holds the spring in place, but you are looking for something thick.

Same goes for the front, there could be a spacer on the top of your strut, or spacer between the bottom of strut and lower control arm. I’m not sure how to spot the more complicated lifts, some one more experienced will need to chime in.

I suspected my 2011 was lifted but it wasn’t until I got under the truck and took photos to compare to a stock one that that I was able to confirm

Myfirstz71

Reaction score
If you zoom in, you can see a silver spacer that sits under my rear spring. Probably only 3/4 -1 inch, but enough to get clearance for 285/70/18

Attachments

• 062D72D3-9F45-4094-B01C-524FE588BB83.jpeg
    062D72D3-9F45-4094-B01C-524FE588BB83.jpeg
    285.3 KB · Views: 16
OP
OP
K

KelZu

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Figured out I have the Rough Country 2in leveling kit installed. I knew it was taller than normal. Thanks for all the tips!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adamnalicea143e