IR Headphones

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AmbulanceDan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello. New to the 900 platform, just bought a used 2014 ESV Platinum. I love my 800 Tahoe. But here’s my issue and I’m sure there are many like me. My used esky did not come with headphones or remotes for the RES. My limited understanding is there is a remote for the headrests and one for the overhead. Same with headphones, both are IR I believe, overhead is typically channel 1&2 while headrest is 3&4.
Are there aftermarket 3rd party headphones that will work? The OEM headrest headphones are hard to find and apparently very pricy $150-300 EACH. FML. The over head ones seem more readily available. Would like to know my options or more information to work around them.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello. New to the 900 platform, just bought a used 2014 ESV Platinum. I love my 800 Tahoe. But here’s my issue and I’m sure there are many like me. My used esky did not come with headphones or remotes for the RES. My limited understanding is there is a remote for the headrests and one for the overhead. Same with headphones, both are IR I believe, overhead is typically channel 1&2 while headrest is 3&4.
Are there aftermarket 3rd party headphones that will work? The OEM headrest headphones are hard to find and apparently very pricy $150-300 EACH. FML. The over head ones seem more readily available. Would like to know my options or more information to work around them.
These will fix you up:

I have a pair and they work great.

OP
OP
AmbulanceDan

AmbulanceDan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good ol eBay has let me down as of recent. They show up sometimes, but again being new to the 900s I don’t know if any from 07-14 will work, or if they are compatible with 15-20 RES. I know they have changed a bit over the years but I don’t know the specs or to what extent the OEM GM parts sites have several superseding part numbers. Keep reading horror stories of people getting them and having them not work. I would love to have some for the overhead as well as the head rests. Is an IR headphone an IR headphone? Like BT stuff? Or is GM some special ir frequency?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ylwdogs