iPhone 8 wireless charging

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DenaliBQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just placed my order for both the parts. I'll let you know once the parts arrive and I get them installed.

Even though my charging pad IS working with the 'magnet delete' mod I will get more piece of mind once the correct parts are installed.
Please Post Pictures....... Greatly appreciated thank you

L's Truck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just placed my order for both the parts. I'll let you know once the parts arrive and I get them installed.

Even though my charging pad IS working with the 'magnet delete' mod I will get more piece of mind once the correct parts are installed.
ordered the parts too. the magnet delete only worked for my Note 8 when the phone is directly on the charging pad unassembled.

white15

Reaction score
Any luck with the two Pioneers testing this?? Really hoping it worked!!

Unit171

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate you guys are buying additional stuff(but thankful for testing)

This thread has definitely morphed from the original point. All good info though!

I would like to add..... I did the mod on a 2015 Yukon Denali last week. I removed the magnet and green piece just as I did in my 16 LTZ. A week has passed and my brother says it is still working great.

I will add that right after I did it, it didn’t work. At all.....
but I figure that the mod changes the “field” which allows the charging to happen. After about 5 minutes of messing with the phone sitting on the trey( off and on and moving it around) the truck started to recognize the charging and was good from then on. Pretty weird.... but never the less, it is still good a week later.

Unit171

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh and I mean no disrespect to additional options/testing! I was simply stating I hate the original mod doesn’t work for everyone like it has for my two vehicles.

Demer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still waiting for the new module. I got a notification on December 4th that needgmparts.com was out of stock and they would get more in 4 more days. Assuming it will be shipped out tomorrow, or sometime early this next week.

L's Truck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still waiting for the new module. I got a notification on December 4th that needgmparts.com was out of stock and they would get more in 4 more days. Assuming it will be shipped out tomorrow, or sometime early this next week.
Ditto

white15

Reaction score
I guess I’ll have to be more patient lol! Thanks for keeping us updated!

jfuse01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
After much hesitation, I decided to do the mod to my ‘16 Tahoe to see if I could get my new iPhone X to charge. I bought a $10 auto upholstery removal tool from pep boys and got to work.

I took the magnet out the inside and did the mod to flip the charging pad. I put everything back together and prayed it would work.

So, after a day I am happy to report it worked! Phone charges and I don’t have to flip it around now that the pad is adjusted. I recommend the mod to those with a ‘16 vehicle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ccbaugh