Inventory Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hlhooton

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I ordered a Suburban from my local dealer in February and it was just produced last week. Will it show on the website as available inventory that is “In Transit” or not since it is a customer order?

slade45

Reaction score
I ordered a Suburban from my local dealer in February and it was just produced last week. Will it show on the website as available inventory that is “In Transit” or not since it is a customer order?

It should show up, usually when the invoice (window sticker) is also produced. This is usually a good indication that it is going to be shipped, or has been shipped.

Capsaicin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, mine did.

For me, TPW was 5/16 and I took delivery 6/6. Everyone's experience will be different.

John52269

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It will show as dealer inventory stock in transit. it's tagged at the dealer as customer order so it can't be sold to anyone else.

Capsaicin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It will show as dealer inventory stock in transit. it's tagged at the dealer as customer order so it can't be sold to anyone else.
Also note, it has to be a customer order for it to fall under GM price protection.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends, if they list it as retail sold order it won’t show up. My dealer did that with mine so they wouldn’t get bothered with calls.

Crash51730

Reaction score
Depends, if they list it as retail sold order it won’t show up. My dealer did that with mine so they wouldn’t get bothered with calls.
That wasn’t true with mine. Mine was listed as a retail sold order on the GM workbench. When it came up for transit it was listed as “in transit” and available for sale on both GMC.com and the dealer website. I was told that it is done on purpose and out of the dealers hands because it drives interest and traffic to the dealer. Of course the dealer hates it because they answer hundreds of phone calls and such about vehicles that were never actually “available”.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879