Interior Woodgrain Coverup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justin Hawkins

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone ever ordered from CarID?

I ordered a custom dash kit to cover all of the woodgrain in my 2007 LTZ (I've never been a woodgrain fan). Plus the woodgrain in my truck is scratched and doesn't look as good as it once did (it's 11 years old!!). I ordered the kit (matte black) two weeks ago and it's "being made" and won't ship until tomorrow.

Just checking to see quality, longevity, etc...

Anything else you'd want to share would be great.

I'll be happy to post before and after photos!!

LRob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes im interested in this as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...I ordered the kit (matte black) two weeks ago and it's "being made" and won't ship until tomorrow.
...Anything else you'd want to share would be great.
...I'll be happy to post before and after photos!!

Hey Justin,
I'm sorry for the late reply, as we haven't got any notification about your question. You know, these dash kits are made-to-order, and the manufacturing process includes not only cutting out the pieces, but also covering them with the polyurethane. Plus, it takes some time to dry.
I believe you have already got your dash kit, did you have a chance to install it? If so, maybe you've taken pictures of your interior upgrade?
We'd love to see them!
If no, here are some dash kit installation tips that may be of help for you.
If you need any help, feel free to contact us directly.

OP
OP
Justin Hawkins

Justin Hawkins

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey Justin,
I'm sorry for the late reply, as we haven't got any notification about your question. You know, these dash kits are made-to-order, and the manufacturing process includes not only cutting out the pieces, but also covering them with the polyurethane. Plus, it takes some time to dry.
I believe you have already got your dash kit, did you have a chance to install it? If so, maybe you've taken pictures of your interior upgrade?
We'd love to see them!
If no, here are some dash kit installation tips that may be of help for you.
If you need any help, feel free to contact us directly.

I did receive my dash kit and it fit horribly. I test fit 3 random pieces and none of them completely covered the wood!! What a waste!!

I had a horrible experience in trying to return it as well. It took me weeks to get an RMA as you initially refused to take the kit back. I ordered flat black and you sent gloss black as well. Just a completely terrible experience.

carid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Justin, I am so sorry to hear, that the dash kit did not fit the right way. Sometimes dash kits do not cover wood completely, even the manufacturers recommend painting the dash black where the OEM trim is showing prior to installation. For some vehicle applications, that is the way the dash kits fit. I apologize for the inconvenience and hassle you had to go through. I am sure the problem was addressed with the manufacturer to avoid the same situations from happening in future.
If you have any questios or need any further assistance, feel free to contact us directly.

KBones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not at all surprised. Dash kits are really the worst. They hardly ever fit or stick for more than a week..or until the sun comes out and they get warm. Sorry to hear about your ****** experience.

Silent D

Reaction score
View attachment 195214 View attachment 195215 I just bought a roll of vinyl carbon wrap 3M brand I believe. About $24 bucks It took all afternoon to do it, but it turned out to my satisfaction.
That looks awesome. Where did you get the carbon fiber wrap from. I might do this as well. I found a bunch of places on line. What was the color you used (gloss, Grey, Matt black).

Last edited: