Intellilink play iTunes m4a format?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kirbyslu

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was about to purchase a thumb drive to plug into my 2015 Yukon Intellilink and curious if it will play m4a format songs if I load it onto the drive. I would prefer this to running my iPhone via Bluetooth. Also, will the browse function work better with this approach because it doesn't seem to work well with iPhone now. I did some searches here and on Google and not satisfied with the responses so appreciate any feedback! Thanks all!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 PM ----------

Also, are the USB ports 2.0 or 3.0? Thanks all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It will play m4a so long as it's not an old school file with DRM. I was able to just copy my iTunes music folder to the SD card and they played fine.

OP
OP
Kirbyslu

Kirbyslu

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks Lyon! Exactly what I needed to know on the formatting. Is the SD better than thumb drive for this purpose? Any experiences one way or another on that? Thanks again!

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I prefer the SD card because of how securely it fits into the reader and because the read/write speed seems to be faster than the USB 2.0 on my computer.

OP
OP
Kirbyslu

Kirbyslu

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I appreciate the info. Thanks!

OP
OP
Kirbyslu

Kirbyslu

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I pulled the music files over to the flash drive and installed behind the screen. Works perfectly. Thanks for the tips!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevinsbritton

Latest posts