Center Console USB / SD / AUX Module wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fbruns

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the dual USB / SD / AUX module (GM pn 22990883) removed from a 2015 Tahoe center console that I plan on using in the console of a custom ‘53 pickup I’m building. I’m already using the 6-way power seats.

The module has a standard (miniature) USB that supports the 2 USB ports and SD slot. It also has a 6-pin connector. Through testing, I found that 3 of the pins connect to the AUX (audio) jack. I assume that the 3 other wires are for power, ground and ?????. I would really like to know the pin-out for this connector before I end up burning it up.

My plan is to remote the USB and AUX-in cables from my new, non OEM, radio to my new console in the ’53. At a minimum I get two USB charging ports and an AUX port in the console. Best case, I get my IPhone connection, thumb-drive music storage and SD music storage.

Anyone know what the pins on the 6-pin connector are used for?

OP
OP
F

Fbruns

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I never got a response to my question, but with further research I found what I was looking for in the Upfitters site. I thought I would share the information with the community to close this out.

The 2 USB ports and the SD Card slot act as a “USB Hub” and connect through a standard mini-USB cable

Pins 1,2 & 3 are directly connected to the “Aux” 3.5mm audio connector

1 – Left Aux

2 – Right Aux

3 – Aux Common

Pins 4 & 6 are Power and ground for the “USB Hub” module

4 – Ground

6 – Batt +

Pin 5 is “Aux Detect Signal” Will have to investigate ???

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For future reference. I’ve found this site helpful. Gmupfitter.com go to menu then body builder manuals then Light duty trucks and pick you year. Then it covers their pick ups and suvs about 1200 pages of wire schematics for the 15 Tahoe/Yukon

guywith2015LT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I never got a response to my question, but with further research I found what I was looking for in the Upfitters site. I thought I would share the information with the community to close this out.

The 2 USB ports and the SD Card slot act as a “USB Hub” and connect through a standard mini-USB cable

Pins 1,2 & 3 are directly connected to the “Aux” 3.5mm audio connector

1 – Left Aux

2 – Right Aux

3 – Aux Common

Pins 4 & 6 are Power and ground for the “USB Hub” module

4 – Ground

6 – Batt +

Pin 5 is “Aux Detect Signal” Will have to investigate ???
I actually found that part in my 15 Tahoe glove box. Do you happen to know where I can find the wiring for it? Is it WX7? Or how I can trace from radio. Any help is appreciated, the car rides have been boring.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts