Intake question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kee Fuller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know if the 15+ k&n air intakes fit the 07-14? They are slightly cheaper and i rather save a few bucks if it fits the same

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the k&n blackhawk 71-3070 i picked up mine open box for $259. they are currently running $320
the model for the 15+ is slightly cheaper on average, but they are a different part number, one reason may be the MAF might be shaped different so even if the length fit the MAF may not

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
I super am not a fan of k&n personally. Let too much dirt past and are prone to fouling the maf.

Any reason why you want to migrate away from the stock filter? Original airbox is already a CAI (pulls air from the fender), is sized appropriately (independent dyno tests show a nil power change), and the dry filters score better in particulate tests as well as oil analysts done at the lab.

OP
OP
Kee Fuller

Kee Fuller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I super am not a fan of k&n personally. Let too much dirt past and are prone to fouling the maf.

Any reason why you want to migrate away from the stock filter? Original airbox is already a CAI (pulls air from the fender), is sized appropriately (independent dyno tests show a nil power change), and the dry filters score better in particulate tests as well as oil analysts done at the lab.

I like the throaty growling sound to be honest

OP
OP
Kee Fuller

Kee Fuller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the k&n blackhawk 71-3070 i picked up mine open box for $259. they are currently running $320
the model for the 15+ is slightly cheaper on average, but they are a different part number, one reason may be the MAF might be shaped different so even if the length fit the MAF may not

Thats the one im looking at. Where did you find it for 259? The closest i found was on ebay for 305 open box, but the guy raised the prices to 350 which is more than a brand new one

thompsoj22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
california native "REPUBLICAN" high desert
Thats the one im looking at. Where did you find it for 259? The closest i found was on ebay for 305 open box, but the guy raised the prices to 350 which is more than a brand new one[/QUOT

Do you allready have the TECH2? If not i am allmost certain that from a performance, effeciency, function and "tinkering" standpoint it would be the best bang for $300. I dont think it will produce a throaty growl though lol! If you allready have the TECH2 than ill just sthu, i dont understand CAI on passenger cars driving down freeways/residential streets, idling in bumper to bumper traffic. "absolutely positively useless" im old so go easy on responding/defending your purchases of these shiny trinkets with beautiful red colored snake oil to detail the filter media! No offense really!

OP
OP
Kee Fuller

Kee Fuller

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Ive had a few intakes before on different cars and it def gives you that throaty deep roarinf noise when you hit the gas..

Either way i like what i like ‍♂️♂️

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
I like the throaty growling sound to be honest
Fair enough

With that said, I think you can do better than K&N. At least for filter elements.

There's nothing too special about the plumbing. It's a tube going from filter to intake that holds the MAF.

The considerations I'd place on importance are:
- The box itself. Where it pulls air from, whether it be from outside air, or from the hot engine bay is going to make a difference.
- Whether or not you can use the maf turbulence screen
- Availability of parts

Figure out which airbox you want to use, determine what sort of dimensions you have to work with, then call around and see who makes a filter element that meets your criteria.

This is worth a read
https://nicoclub.com/archives/kn-vs-oem-filter.html

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get an airaid tube if you want more growl. Box ain't going to do it alone. That being said, my stocker growls nicely with its year old paper high capacity filter! The growl comes from the tube as the noise dampeners are removed.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats the one im looking at. Where did you find it for 259? The closest i found was on ebay for 305 open box, but the guy raised the prices to 350 which is more than a brand new one
madcheetah had one, I had been doing searches for about 2 months and they listed one I have bought from them on ebay berfore good deals if they have what you need. I see the lowest price for a new one right now was $314 and some change from another seller

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy