Intake Manifold Gasket - What Else?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ShookieJay

ShookieJay

Reaction score
Any thoughts on the Dorman knock sensor harness? I'll be using ACDelco sensors but the GM harness is double the price of the Dorman...

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've learned the hard way that going cheap on electrical items doesn't pay if you plan to keep it. Pay for genuine GM and save yourself the headache. How much is saved if you get to do the job twice.....run for parts twice.......fight for warranty, etc.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think for the wire harness the dorman would be fine, the only reason the harness is recommended to be replaced is due to the contacts getting rusty over time and exposure to water like the sensors

OP
OP
ShookieJay

ShookieJay

Reaction score
I've learned the hard way that going cheap on electrical items doesn't pay if you plan to keep it. Pay for genuine GM and save yourself the headache. How much is saved if you get to do the job twice.....run for parts twice.......fight for warranty, etc.
You've got a point. I definitely don't want to pull the manifold more than once if I can help it, which is why I'm doing the sensors now.