Instrument cluster upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spc13b

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have been given a instrument cluster that is the upgrade from the black and white PPV model. From what i read is that to get the steering wheel controls to work you have to have a additional wire ran to the instrument cluster. Does anyone know what this wire is or what it is called? I know i will have to go to the dealer and get the new instrument cluster calibrated once i get it installed. Thanks in advance.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been given a instrument cluster that is the upgrade from the black and white PPV model. From what i read is that to get the steering wheel controls to work you have to have a additional wire ran to the instrument cluster. Does anyone know what this wire is or what it is called? I know i will have to go to the dealer and get the new instrument cluster calibrated once i get it installed. Thanks in advance.
usually it's the clockspring you need but not 100% sure on the k2xx, you may also run into a issue installing the cluster prior to having it programmed (the vehicle may not start) they made a lot of changes in the k2's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ylwdogs