Instrument Cluster Gremlins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin johnson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
AA79834A-22F2-42F0-8844-40804B692FAD.jpeg 2003 Yukon, I have had the gauges die all at once for a while. Must be a defective ground Added a ground pigtail to the ground pin that plugs into the back of the instrument cluster. It worked for a few weeks, then gauges stopped again.

Removed the cluster again, removed the ground terminal from the wiring harness, made sure it was clean, reinstalled, again worked for a few weeks.

Sunday I was pulling my boat up a hill, the check engine light came on, no power loss, nothing that I have noticed, not even fuel mileage loss. This morning I put boat in water, pulled out to park truck, gauges are off again, and the DIC reads “RERE” with the truck running, off, key out, doors open, etc.

Been 2 hours, and DIC still shows “rere”. Any one come across this?

2003 Yukon SLT
5.3 flex fuel
Everything is factory
213,000 miles

sgosa

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine is doing the same thing now. Did you come up with a fix?

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This guy has some suggested methods to attempt to fix the DIC.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check for silver migration. The solder used on the instrument cluster circuit board has silver in it and it tends to grow nasty stuff that starts to bridge the solder path traces on the board. Search youtube video for silver migration and clean the board. Its an easy fix and likely needs to be done anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC