Installing Remaned rear axle assembly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scottbrew92

Reaction score
I’m installing a remaned rear axle assembly in my 07 Tahoe 4x4. Upon getting the rear axle halfway in I turned the axle shafts but the yoke doesn’t turn. Is this normal?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m installing a remaned rear axle assembly in my 07 Tahoe 4x4. Upon getting the rear axle halfway in I turned the axle shafts but the yoke doesn’t turn. Is this normal?
Hmm, did you try turning the yoke and not a hub? Got a spare in my garage, if I spin the passenger side hub/axle shaft, the yoke will turn. Didn't try the other.

OP
OP
scottbrew92

scottbrew92

Reaction score
The yoke will turn the axle shafts but any resistance and they stop and the yoke just turns with no axle shaft movement. This is normal?

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
You are turning one side, yes? And the other side is turning in the opposite direction.

There is less resistance spinning the spiders and reversing the opposite axle than there is to rotate the carrier and spin the pinion. One easy to spin non loaded bearing vs four that are preloaded and tight.

So yes, it is normal.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Energy follows the path of least resistance. So likely, the path of least was the other side. The big question is, can you spin the input, and have a axle end spin?

Dont forget to put fluid in it!!

OP
OP
scottbrew92

scottbrew92

Reaction score
Energy follows the path of least resistance. So likely, the path of least was the other side. The big question is, can you spin the input, and have a axle end spin?

Dont forget to put fluid in it!!
Yes it’s filled with oil but what gets me is I can spin the yoke and the axle shafts will turn but putting any pressure on the axle stops it and the yoke just turns

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645